email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wiring problems!  (Read 1006 times)

chase5004

wiring problems!
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »

Hello, it's been a long, long time since my last post. Hope things are well for everyone.

I'll get right to the point. I used to have a 3 prong (male end) plug for my TM. Got a new TM, which has 4 prong plug, so I had to get new 4 prong (female end) receptacle for boat.

The new 4 prong (female) receptacle (which is a Marinco 2018BR 12-24 v DC) has 4 connectors on the back for 4 wires, however the boat is wired with only two wires, (ie one red, and one black) that ran from old TM  plug to the batteries, which I had been running in series to get the 24 volts on the old TM.

The only way I got it to work with the new 4 prong receptacle was to run another set of wires, so I had one set of red and black wires connected to battery A and another set of red and black wires running to Battery B. I then connected both red and black wires to the female receptacle up front. It would seem to me that this is only a 12 volt system, but I have a 24 volt TM. Am I missing something here?

I have referenced the net, AC Delco, and my owners manual and I can only find a two wire set up.

By the way, I am no electrician.
Pat

robtheboatman

Re: wiring problems!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:20 PM »

Pat
Give me a call, I will get with my service dept., and we'll figure it out.
Rob
800-226-3050
I will be in the store on sat. from 9-5

Durand Dan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 05:36:38 AM »

Pat
Give me a call, I will get with my service dept., and we'll figure it out.
Rob
800-226-3050
I will be in the store on sat. from 9-5

Now that's service!! :o

LAPORTE

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »

TM  Hmmm,   Sometimes I think it would be much easier to have a kid come along with a long push pole...  ;D  Good luck with your elect. endeavors I just finished up with my own TM issues.. not fun

Don L 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

chase5004

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

I have to give robtheboatman a big shout out and thank you for the help. I spoke with both rob and I think it was andy (service tech), not real good with names, sorry if that's wrong. After a talk through, a couple of minutes, and a few changes the TM was working, what a great feeling.

Thanks again for the quick responce, and the knowledged shared.
Pat

robtheboatman

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »

Glad we could help.  Give me a shout anytime.
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge