email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help on getting new fishfinder  (Read 2347 times)

10-10 Bass Busters

Need help on getting new fishfinder
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »

Look to put a new finder in my 14 foot boat, i use it for all types of fishing, and some small tourneys.  So i'm looking at staying in that $200 or below range.  I was looking at the humminbird 500 series and the piranha series, or Lowrance X86.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
Re: Need help on getting new fishfinder
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »

I have an Eagle fishmark 320.  For the money, it's not bad.
I like the looks of the Humminbird gps/sonar combos though too.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

UAWBigDog

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

I have a Hummingbird 565.  It has the most vertical pixels than any other fishfinder that I know of on the market with 640.  That is the highest resolution, however you want to also get as many watts peak as you can also.  I am very pleased with this unit.  I used it for a whole season and am considering now putting the same unit on the helm.  Good luck.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LGMOUTH

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »

You cant go wrong with a humminbird, They have come along way in the last few years. I have two on my boat and I cant say enough good things about them. My son has the lower end unit on his little boat, I think its the 565 and it is crystal clear with great contrast. Its a great depth finder for under $200.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »

Like I said on the "other" site... Lowrance!  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

10-10 Bass Busters

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »

Went with the 565 on sale at cabelas.  thanks everyone for info
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge