email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery size  (Read 1102 times)

BIGSHOW

Battery size
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:09:57 AM »

Where do I go to find the spec or recommend battery for a 2013 250 etc? I was told to big it could overwork the alternator.

21XDC

Re: Battery size
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 06:20:14 AM »

In your manual under specs... Specs for batteries are always the min.... Never a maximum. I think you have been told wrong. 8^)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

motocross269

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »

I am not a Physicist but as long as the Voltage is right I would think no matter how many amps the battery is rated for it is only going to put out the amount the load calls for....

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »

Where do I go to find the spec or recommend battery for a 2013 250 etc? I was told to big it could overwork the alternator.

Never heard that one before...? I would get the biggest battery you can fit and afford. The big outboard require some good starting power.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 03:38:14 AM »

It was actually a mercury mechanic who said that. But I had to make a 3 yr. Maintenance appointment with lockemans  to get it checked out and he told me the specs. Same thing, he never heard of the alternator being overworked.  I jumped up to a 31 series anyway from 27. Thx

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »

That will keep you starting and running!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge