email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humminbird Images from Gun Lake MI  (Read 2627 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Humminbird Images from Gun Lake MI
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:27:25 AM »

From BryanP: "These are images from a dealer demo I did last week on Gun Lake, MI.  Tell me there wouldn't be some fish on that isolated deep rock patch at some time!"

Every lake has a sunken boat... or two... or 10.

Regarding side scanning weed beds: "They're all similar, but different, if that makes sense! LOL!  You can definitely tell different densities.  I've attached some more weed pictures, along with one of lines on the bottom of a shallow flat where outboard skegs have left their mark.  It is an awesome tool to find isolated clumps and points in the weeds off the main break/weedline.

Skeg marks.

Here's a cool bonus graphic: Oh yeah--there's also a screen capture showing
bluegill beds.  If you look closely, you can see which beds have fish on them (little white specks on the beds)!  That image was taken by one of the factory guys when they were at the Skeeter meeting in Texas.

I blew up that section of the screen shot so you could see the gills a little better:

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

dmills4124

Re: Humminbird Images from Gun Lake MI
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »

Can't wait to get ours
don m

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
Re: Humminbird Images from Gun Lake MI
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »

Ya know, I've tried and tried to really learn how to read my sonar.  Even gone to seminars, and bought books on the subject.
Even took the book out on the water with me to learn how to adjust it, and "see" what's happening.  All to no avail.

But, these pictures, I can read.  Even I could tell what's down there.
Problem is one of these units is worth more than my boat. 
Perhaps one of my fishing buddies will get one?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge