email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 22lb limit - West side  (Read 2700 times)

fasttrack

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
22lb limit - West side
« on: July 28, 2015, 01:57:27 PM »

Waterfoul and I had an amazing evening on the water last week fishing a tournament on a small lake in the Grand Rapids area. We didn't catch a ton of fish - maybe 10 - but the quality was awesome. We weighed in 22.32 lbs, all of which were caught dragging plastics slowly (sorry, cant give up more than that). It's not too often around here that you get to cull 3 1/2 pounders, especially on a weeknight tournament. To my knowledge that is the biggest bag weighed in on this side of the state this year!

I'm sure some of you already saw this on FB last week. Just thought I'd share it with those who hadn't. Not trying to brag, just enjoying the moment since that may be a once-in-a-lifetime weigh in
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

oldjigger

Re: 22lb limit - West side
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »

It was a great bag.  I had one of those days yrs ago on Sessions with 23.6  culled 15 fish over 3 lbs

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 1995 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

Nice bag.

(that's what she said...)

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »

We had 21+ the next week, and I weighed in 20+ lbs a couple weeks later with a different partner and only got 2nd place!!

I believe there were 8 bags over 20 lbs weighed in at this lake this year.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Bass slayer 01

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:34:40 AM »

Impressive

8pt172

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »

How is parking down at Reeds Lake?  I used to fish it regularly in the late 1990's.  I saw a slob LMB just over 8 pounds caught pre-spawn on a  pike minnow...

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »

Mostly parking along the side of the road right there so it's a little different, though some have said there is a parking lot too nearby you can park at. I've only been there a few times and have only parked along the road right there. Probably a little crazy in the evenings and on weekends. I've only gone there during the weekdays.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge