Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Oakland ???

Started by raisinrat, May 29, 2015, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisinrat

Has anyone fished Lake Oakland? I am thinking of trip there to chase green fish for something fun to do. Looking for a good starting point.

PS I haven't fished small water bass in about 6 years so I am a little rusty lol
Justin Clark

dartag

The one in Oakland County.   Great lake but heavily sprayed for weed control.  It has both great dock fishing and offshore ledges.  Usually a couple tournaments a week on the lake.  You can also take the canal to the north and get to Woodhaul Lake.  Have Fun.

raisinrat

any go to areas for you that you can share?

Ideas of what I should have tied on ready to go?
Justin Clark

Skulley

Dropshot, texas rigged worm, carolina rig, work well.  Spinnerbaits, chatterbait, and shallow running cranks work well too.  A deep running crank can work on the steep drops especially on Woodhull.  Natural colors work best. 

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Dog pretty well covered it.  If you are a dock fishermen you can fish all the way around the lake.  If ledges are your thing about a 100 yards from the launch is the start and you can go either way.  To the right about a 1/4 mile down there is a flat that goes all the way across the lake.  All the way to the south is the canal that leads to the dam.  Big stumps and old trees in there. 

raisinrat

Thanks guys for the info now I know what to pack if I can get over that way this week
Justin Clark

raisinrat

OK after the 24 hours of rain what is the water going to be like on that lake? ???
Justin Clark

Skulley

After it rains, Oakland and Woodhull are generally still pretty clear. I don't usually have to change tactics too much there when it rains.

BD.                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

raisinrat

Quote from: UAWBigDog on June 02, 2015, 08:51:38 AM
After it rains, Oakland and Woodhull are generally still pretty clear. I don't usually have to change tactics too much there when it rains.

BD.                 ;D

Sweet thanks. I am going to start getting a few of my rods changed over from my smallie stuff.

I heard there is a Wednesday Nighter there might go donate lol
Justin Clark

fuzzygrub1611

CASH FOR BASS Friday June 5 6:00 pm. John Gore runs this one. Good lake should be a good turnout.

raisinrat

Quote from: fuzzygrub1611 on June 02, 2015, 03:34:41 PM
CASH FOR BASS Friday June 5 6:00 pm. John Gore runs this one. Good lake should be a good turnout.

We sponsor the Thursday night on Lake St. Clair.

how many come out for the Friday Nights?
Justin Clark

Flippin222

20 boats were at the tournament last week on Maceday. Typically there are between 16-22 boats at the Friday night tournaments.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

Got Fish??

Fuzzy grub and I got into the money Friday on Oakland  most fish came off structure  in shallow  water  some fish are starting to come  up on doc's. Gills are bedding  now too.

raisinrat

We took 3rd Wednesday didn't catch anything to get excited about but what was funny was we get there and our lower end is leaking oil so we couldnt use the big motor. Only had the trolling motor on the front . Never did get a chance to see much of the lake. Last the 1st two I hooked into which would have gave us 1st and big fish.

Overall can't be mad about how things went for a lake I have never seen before lol.
Justin Clark