email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Burt/Mullet Practice  (Read 8031 times)

bshaner

Burt/Mullet Practice
« on: June 07, 2007, 06:55:40 AM »

I'll be practicing Wed thru Friday next week on Burt/Mullet if any co's are going up and want to join me out on the water.

PM me.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
Re: Burt/Mullet Practice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:22:41 AM »

I will also be up there.  I should arrive early Wends AM.  I am staying at the Burt Lake campground for 2 nights and the Holiday Inn on Friday night.

Good luck up there!!

Seth

bshaner

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »

The wife is taking vacation so we are packing the kids up and going camping the entire time.  Any suggestions on a campground?  We were going to stay at the Cheboygan State one but is Burt Lake campground just as good?  Will it fill up?

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:59 AM »

Never been to either one.  Dan stays at Aloha State Park, he may have some insight.  Hopefully they won't fill up mid week.

Seth V

Langer

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »

You can make reservations online for camping sites. it is somewhere on the DNR website.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
 -2008 President

bshaner

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 09:51:46 AM »

Ya I know about reservations but I wanted to pay at the campground and not put it on the credit card.  I bit the bullet and registered at Burt Lake State Park.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 10:56:19 AM »

What space did you get?  It would be cool compare notes in the evening.

I need a space big enough to park 2 truck/boats.  Are the spaces large enough for that?

Seth

bshaner

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »

I wish I could answer your question.  I've never been there.  I got #28.  I've been to several other state campgrounds and if the lots are laid out the same it might be tough to get 2 boats and trucks into 1.  Are you tent camping?  We'll be tent camping. 

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

I am in space #47.  I looked at on the ariel photos, no trees wide open.  Should be ok to get 2 trucks + 2 boats in there.  We are just sleeping in our trucks.  I put a regular matress in the back of my Suburban, screen on the windows for fresh air, a nice fan, plug in the coffee pot and it is not too bad.  Be sure to stop in for a cup of coffee!!

Seth

Langer

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 11:26:21 AM »

Here is a link to the sites at the camp ground, maybe you could go by there sizes and request a particular one.

http://www.midnrreservations.com/campmaps.cfm?cid=13
Wayne County Bass Anglers
 -2008 President

bshaner

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »

I dont drink coffee but we'll have the full camping kit with us - propane stove and all.  Bring some eggs and bacon over and the wife can cook it up for ya.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

Now you are talkin!!!!  That sounds like a plan!!!  What time is breakfast??   ;D ;D

Seth

spinninbug

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »

Ok Brian,  I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one,  how do you know your wife will cook?  Why is it we always get nominated to do the cooking?  Not that she wouldn't or I wouldn't be being asked to before someone shows up and then hearing,  I told them you would cook for them,  that would be like saying to someone that doesn't even know how to cast a fishing rod,  oh no it's great just show up and my husband will take you fishing!  Again not that he wouldn't but being forwarned is a good thing!! ;)

Just thought you might need some help in this area,  by the way tell the little lady I said hello! :D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »

Ok Brian,  I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one,  how do you know your wife will cook?  Why is it we always get nominated to do the cooking?  

Why else would the wife go along?  :o :o

Am I in trouble now?   ;D

Seth

spinninbug

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »

BIG, BIG TROUBLE!!! ;D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

MBell

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:39:41 PM »

FYI, called FLW yesterday and they were at 102 boats.
-Matt

bshaner

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »

I'll wake her up an hour before we launch for practice.  That's plenty of forewarning!!!

Umm.. ya why else would the wife go along?

I think I'm going to have to change her GLB password again.  :P

Breakfast is 1/2 hour after I wake up :)  Which I'm hoping is before sun up.  That's if I dont get mad at the alarm clock and permanently hit the snooze.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

motocross269

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »

I would be very interested in getting on the water with you if you haven't found anyone yet.  As you know I hit a deer with my boat.  I sent you a PM.

motocross269

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 02:25:08 PM »

102 boats that is great....Thanks alot for the update MBell

SODY

• R Soderquist
  • Big Fish
  • "First to come last to leave"
  • View Gallery
    • ReelSwede
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »

You guys are tempting me, tempting me bad!!! I may just have to say Aloha and wack a monster. I have the maps and everything but would like some insight as to pier 33 as a launch is the launch site on mullet? I have not dug into it that deep yet. Is aloha closest to blast off?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge