Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Dont Let The Name Fool You

Started by carolina chip, January 29, 2006, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolina chip

Hey all! My name is Chip and I am in SE Michigan. I moved up here from North Carolina in 93 and have no intentions of leaving the this great state.

I mostly fish St Clair, Erie, Pontiac, Cass and other Oakland County Lakes, but I am quick to jump in a car and head up to Beaver, etc...

I have not seen too many good Michigan Bass Forums... Looks like you guys have it going on! If you dont mind, I will pull up a chair and stay a while.

Regards

Chip? :)

Cheetam

Welcome Chip...cost of admission is a 5-pack of custom cranks...per member!  Just kidding  ;)  This is a great forum with a bunch of great people.  Enjoy your stay!
Jeff

djkimmel

Welcome to the forum - the members here are AWESOME! I can't say enough about that.

I wondered about the Carolina part... but we are getting more and more visitors when they find out about the amazing fishing we have... and some of them do decide to stay.

We are lucky, lucky anglers... and this year we get to start after Mr. Bass early all over... going to be a great year!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Welcome to the forum, Chip.  Guess you've been in Michigan long enough now to lose your accent?

You been up-northified.  Or is it Michigandered? ???  De-southernated? ???

Anyway, welcome aboard, hope to see you out on the water sometime! ;D

-Brandon
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

carolina chip

I tell you... I followed some little cutie up here and married her and setted just north of Auburn Hills. Since I have had all my youngins (boys) here... I guess they cant send me back south.

Jeff... whew.... I thought you would say a 10 pack! LOL  Seriously though... It good to find some Michigan fishermen talking about fishing in Michigan!

Chip

Savage

Oh we talk abouit fishin alright (mostly BS).

You'll have a tough time shutting us up!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

225XS4Garza200PXL

Chip!

Hey bud, nice seeing you on Dan's board. How's it going dude? Hope everything is well.

Hey guys, just to let you know, Chip is an awesome dude. One of the nicest guys i've ever come across. This guy makes some awesome baits. Jeff for them Kent Lake fish, check out some of Chip's lipless cranks...

Chip, if the weather holds up man, we might have to get out on Cass a little early... whataya say?

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

carolina chip

Jose... I thought you were the "Jose"  I knew! Well boy howdy!.. Did you hook up with Riverrat? HE is planning some trip to KENTUCKY in March?

BTW... Scott sold his boat.... New Ranger on the way!

We will fish Cass or any lake of your choosing! I look forward to it!  BTW.... That trap you are holding from this summer is being fished at the Classic! Joel won a Federation spot on it! He won the Eastern Division!  If you watched the Federation Championship on ESPN last weekend, He caught a PIG on it on ESPN!!! My wife woke me up off the floor... I watched it on tape again! She woke me up off the floor... The doctor says I can only watch the rerun laying down! LOL!!!!

Hey.... as soon as the ice clears.... we will hit the water (unless you want to follow me to Florida in two weeks!) I will get to see Art while there!

BTW..... whats the pakage length on an 18 ft. Stratos? Motor and Trailer included... I need to fit one ina garage and length is key..

Later dude!

Chip

fishon1219

Chip,
If you bought the 285 the length listed is 22'. I hope that is correct because I just bought one myself and I hope it will fit in my garage. I pick mine up Saturday so I will let you know. Did you buy it from wonderland? If you did I hope you didn't buy the white one with the yellow stripe. That is the only one my wife really liked and told me I couldn't buy one until they got another yellow one. She lost though and I bought the next sharpest color they had.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

carolina chip

I am still shopin for a new bass boat.? My current boat (tracker - targa) is approaching 2 years. I bought it for family reaSONS!! ARG! My wife wanted something the kids and she could play in.... They were in the boat 1 time last season! LOL....

I went to Cabelas and looked at the Rangers. I also want to give Stratos, Skeeter and Pro Craft a look see before I make my mind...

I like the Ranger 178VS.. It will fit in the garage and MOMMA can still park there (Requirement? ::))
I rode around in my friend Scott's: Ranger Z this summer and fell hard for her.

My last BB was a Skeeter (before youngins).... Good boat, but I am going to shop around until mid summer before making a purchase.

Chip

225XS4Garza200PXL

Jose Garza

www.josegarzafishing.com

www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West

www.providertackle.com

www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

joshimoto son

Hey Chip,
Nice to see another finatic on the forum. Welcome.
One piece of advice though... watch out for the one they call Pooboy!!!!
That guy will make you pee yourself. He's hilariuos!!!

I will be heading down to your old neck of the woods in a couple of months.
I signed up as a co-angler for the BASS Southern Open on Santee Cooper.
If you're familiar with any of it, I sure would like to pick your brain.
I've never been down there before, and would like to have a good idea of
what to be looking for.

I'd even be willing to trade some of my hand poured senkos if you could help me out.

thanks,

Josh

carolina chip

Cool Jose!

Emery... Yah hand pouring stick baits eh? Sweet deal! I enjoy seeing all of the handmade  products out there! I have a Dealers Number with Yamamoto but I do enjoy trying handmades.  You do not have to trade me a thing for fishing info.

All I can say about Santee.... Flippin JIGS!!! Shakey Heads!!!! and Cranks off all the logs!!!  Depends on the time of year.. let me know when you are going and I will tlak to one of my buddies that guides there.

Skulley

Welcome Chip!!!!!!   ;D   You are now a member of the best fishing forum on the web.  This is a great group of people and this forum is a lot of fun. 

BD     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

Hey Chip, Good to see ya.

If you guys want to see some sweet custom baits/custom paint jobs, check this guys stuff out.

He is truly talented.  Looking foward to throwing the Lipless this season.

www.carolinachip.com

PoorBoy himself :-\'

carolina chip

Thanks Poorboy...? YOu have to be careful in message boards when you own a lure/fishing company. Lots can be misconstrude as if I want to sell you all lures... I do sell lures, but please do not think thats why I joined the forum.

Matter of fact, I aint selling a lure to any of you!? ;D

But since you know I make baits, I will let you in on the skinny.. I make lures for pros on and off my pro staff.? I also have a Rod line that are some of the finest blanks available. Rick Smotherman, master rod maker, constructs them for me in a joint partenership we formed. Other than that, I love to fish... My wife thinks she is second to my fishing! LOL!!? I thinks she comes first? ;D? .....

I recently put lures in a Pro's hands that took him back to the classic next month: This is Joel on ESPN a couple weeks back: http://www.carolinachip.com/Products_files/rattle_shad/big_momma_web.jpg

This little diddy I put together kind of sums me up:

A Little Acid Metal Bass Fishing...

4.7M download...?

Disregard any ads in the video... it was a test board for some potential marketing later on...

Thanks for the big welcome! I look forward to getting to know you dudes!

Chip? ?:D

225XS4Garza200PXL

Neat video Chip...

Maybe next season I can provide some of those pictures for ya...

Jose
Jose Garza

www.josegarzafishing.com

www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West

www.providertackle.com

www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

Savage

That's a sweet looking creature bait you have there.  Man I'm a sucker for creature baits.  Too bad they don't work.... ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

yukonjack2

Chip:

welcome aboard! We won't hold being from down south against you (much), but admitting being friends with dobson - not so sure - lol

In case you were wondering - I now own that green 520 I saw in the video there(nice job by the way), so I guess it must be me not catching bass, and have to quit blaming the boat for being negative!
I ruined it now by adding a second console and Sirius radio(that same wife and kids thing). 

I kinda like the idea of the 5 pack for members - especially after giving up the best kept secret in Clarkston.   

Well anyhow, again - welcome - and I hope to get out with ya sometime.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

carolina chip

yukonjack2

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...That yellow stain and smell in the passenger seat..... I had nothing to do with it!  ::)  ;D

So you are the lucky owner! I guess he is taking it out for its last voyage on Murray next week at the FLW.  Seriously.. He kept trying to selll me that boat... I would of, but my wife does not want the Evinrude for an end table in the family room... I would have had to cut a hole in the Wall of the Garage!  ;D

You are getting a FINE boat!  HE said you got the electronics with it... Good deal! Its set up sweet!

I will be happy to fish with you!  Name the lake and the time!

Chip  :D