email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: great news on the possible restructure of michigan bass season  (Read 1170 times)

rkillick

Waiting until the end of May to put a bass in a livewell in Michigan hasn't usually been a problem until yesterday. The problem is the dnr says I have to put the fish back due to the spawning season, OK fine, but they are allowing people to have the lakes sprayed when fish are spawning this ridiculous... Take that darn air boat into your bedroom and spray that nasty blue/green stuff all over your bed....anyways this is bs.

gmetime24

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
Re: great news on the possible restructure of michigan bass season
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »

I'm a little confused, you got stopped by the DNR with a fish in your livewell??

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »

Its catch and release season. We can't have bass in the livewell.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:11 AM »

I believe he is making a rhetorical statement about our common plight.

Hopefully, with a little help from my friends (all of you), this is the last season such frustrations are in the present tense.

PS: the MDEQ, not the MDNR, oversees aquatic plant killing. And the MDNR is no longer saying we can't fish for bass during the bass spawn. (Good thing... because we've been doing it a long time..,)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

rkillick

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »

Thanks for clearing things up for me Dan. Was a little upset at the time maybe my thoughts were not so clear...haha. No fish in the livewell...just trying to say I should be able to put them in the livewell if they are going to spray weed killer on there beds..

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »

I got it. Maybe because I went fishing Monday (FINALLY!!!!) Or maybe because I'm a Michigan bass angler who can feel your pain and frustation...? Heck... I almost blow a gasket every time someone tells me I need to be 'a little more patient'... ::) ;D

Luckily, I'm 97% sure we are going to fix some of this for next year. Maybe more than some... we shall see fairly soon - soon being a relative term. :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge