Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sanford/Wixom Lake week night tournaments

Started by Big dreams, April 09, 2014, 07:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmetime24

The park closes normally close to sunset. The store half way up the lake stays open and if we wanted to hang out after for a beer or 2 it would be much easier

Coop

I'm in favor of the store as well. The park closes way too early. I don't want to get locked in. I like the launch at the store and like you said they don't close you out. Plus it's more centralized on the lake so we can get where we need to be and back sooner, which leaves more time to fish.
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

We are going to cancel this first tx due to not everyone being able to come.  We are still on for the next one though.

Big dreams

Anybody interested in making this happen on July 16th?

Hollada

What's going on with the dam repairs and lake draw down?  Is it happening this year?  If so, anyone know when they start drawing down?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Big dreams

This keeps changing.  Last time I spoke to one of the lake association members, it doesn't sound like it will happen this year.  You can check into this on their website wixomlakeassociation.org.

Coop

Yeah I can do the 16th. Where and what timeframe?
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

Big dreams

gmetime24

I might be able to come. That's my birthday and I'm not exactly sure what family plans are yet

Big dreams

Cool, let us know if you can sneak away for a few hours :)

TheFishinPollock

Good luck on sanford. They just sprayed for weeds last week. Had our BASS team event there sat.  Could not see any farther down than 6 9 inches.  We left the event almost 2 hours early.  Absoutly no fish hitting for us.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Big dreams

Seems they have been spraying all lakes in the tit chain lately.  Secord, Smallwood, and wixom have all been sprayed in the past 3 weeks.

Big dreams

Guys, I can't make this one.  I had motor issues yesterday and am taking it in this week.  Highly doubtful they will get me in and out this soon.

gmetime24

My schedule works out better for me to fish tonight. Hopefully I'm out of work and on Sanford by 5

Big dreams

Good luck out there.  My boat is in the shop now.  I hope to have it back by early next week.  Then I have to take the TM in to have it serviced as it keeps shutting off.  The tech said he thinks it might be water in the lower unit....   Boy this sport is expensive.  darn close to selling everything!

gmetime24

That sucks man I hope it all works out for ya

Coop

Well someone let me know when this gets straightened out and I'm in. How's Sanford been fishing anyways? I heard it's been a mess because of all the spraying etc...
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

gmetime24

It's definitely fishing tougher. I hate the weed kill but you just gotta make the right adjustments. Last night we caught about 20 in a little over an hour and then it slowed right down. Most fish were small with a nice 3.5er being big fish of the night. The wind was blowing hard but when we found the good grass it was pretty good action. Water clarity was a foot in some areas and only inches in others. Water temp 72-75