Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who will win the 2006 Bassmaster Classic?

Started by blakstr1, January 24, 2006, 08:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

Give your top 2 picks on who will win the '06 Bassmaster Classic....

My picks are Greg Hackney and Skeet Reese...

i never bet against KVD, but 2 Classics in a row seems out of reach even for him.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dhuff

I am going with Van Dam.  All I have to say is........to be the man you have to beat the man.  3 tournys in a row.  So until he slows down I don't see no reason to bet against him.

McCarter

i say aaron martens ( because he is probably the most versatile angler on the market ) and he is due for the win or hackney.? But i wouldnt county big george cochran out of it either.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Bulletproof

Here are my sleeper picks:

Terry Scroggins
David Walker

I am haunted by waters.

smbassman

Quote from: Bulletproof on January 24, 2006, 02:34:44 PM
Here are my sleeper picks:

Terry Scroggins
David Walker

I wouldn't call Scroggins a sleeper as he is a local favorite.  But I agree with Walker, the flipping bite would fit his style.  Of course no certain technique ever seems to dominate in this chain o lakes and any one of these guys has the chance of finding a honey hole to win the tournament on.  I am just going to throw Edwin Evers out there, cause I think he is due for a big win.

Savage

The man himself, Sir Michael Iaconelli!

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!![/b]

? ? ? ;D? ? ? ;D? ? ? ?;D? ?IT"S A GIANT!!!!? ? ;D? ? ? ;D? ? ? ?;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Revtro

It's hard to bet against Martens, KVD, or Hackney.  Martens has something to prove, so I think he'll be a man on a mission and just might pull it out.  My sleeper pick would be Dean Rojas.  He has a history on that lake and if not for a mental breakdown during a tourney there, he may have pulled out a surprise victory. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

5alive

I am going with one of the "old timers", Larry Nixon. It could be a slow bite condition if they are not in full swing of the spawn, and some of those power fisherman hate to fish slow. If it comes down to a slugfest, Ike is going to be tough to beat with his attitude and intensity.

But in reality, the winner will be the one with the most weight!!!!!!!!LOL
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

Cheetam

Can KVD make it 4 (BASS tourneys) in a row?  If there was any guy I'd be willing to bet could, he would be it.  Martens will be throwing that new Roboworm creature bait Savage and Blake are raving (or is it craving?) about, so he would be at the top of most lists.  Scroggins, the local boy is also tough to beat when it comes to fishing Florida, so I'd put him in the running as well (did anyone see the tournament article on him in the new Bassmaster?  Pray for a cold front Terry...).  I personally would like to see someone who that isn't a "marquee" name win it...maybe a federation guy.  I like to pull for the underdog...what can I say...
Jeff

McCarter

Scroggins has an advantage over the rest of the field, he will be using Airrus Rods.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dhuff

They all have a really good chance.  I think it is just going to be a matter of who finds any big bedding fish, if they are bedding.  If the bite is tough I will give the edge to a handfull of competitors such as, KVD, Iaconelli, Nixon, Brauer to name a few.  These guys have been there and won it and are all mentally tough.

MBell

If they are bedding, it will be someone in the first filight on day one.
-Matt

Hooksetter

I'd have to go with either KVD or Tim Horton. Tim has done well in Florida. Maybe this is his year.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Savage

I would say Scroggins is heavily favored, but will he suffer from the same 'hometown hero" curse that Jason Quinn did a couple years ago?  He'll probably have a flotilla, no, an armada (heck, it will be a FLEET) of bass boats following him! :-[

That's the cool/unfortunate thing about bass fishing.  You can be right next to your hero, but you are huirting his chances as you do....
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

I am haunted by waters.

blakstr1

Okay you asked for it...the "IN" list!

Tommy Biffle
Chad Brauer
Preston Clark
Luke Clausen
Rick Clunn
Jeff Coble
George Cochran
Joe Conway
John Crews
Anre' De Villiers
Edwin Evers
Greg Gutierrez
Greg Hackney
Davy Hite
Tim Horton
Randy Howell
Mike Iaconelli
Jimmy Johnson
James Kennedy
Stacy King
Gary Klein
Jeff Kriet
Aaron Martens
Mike McClelland
Mark Menendez
Jimmy Mize
Ish Monroe
Andre Moore
Chad Morgenthaler
Rick Morris
Larry Nixon
Skeet Reese
Jeff Reynolds
Mike Reynolds
Dean Rojas
Scott Rook
Zell Rowland
Joel St. Germain
Terry Scroggins
Ron Shuffield
Brian Snowden
Bob Soley
Marty Stone
Gerald Swindle
Mark Tucker
Kevin VanDam
David Walker
Kevin Wirth
Dave Wolak
Mike Wurm
Jay Yelas

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

I think David Walker finally wins the BIG one after so many seconds in so many tournaments...

Potter

How about Marty Stone?  I will take Tim Horton for second choice.

Potter