email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 Ultimate Fishing Show Volunteer List  (Read 9227 times)

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
Re: 2014 Ultimate Fishing Show Volunteer List
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »

Late notice, I know, sorry. Set-up is Wed, from noon - 3. Anyone? I can't be there.

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 1995 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »

Maaaaybe.  I'll have to check with the boss on Monday.

huston

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 02:35:26 PM »

I can be there but I'm sure I'll require instructions from someone.

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

Dan will be there, just not me, I have to work. Message Dan, or call if you have his number. Thank you very much. The older Dan gets, the less I like him doing any heavy lifting by himself. LOL

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »

Here's hoping the weather is better by Thursday!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:54 AM »

No worries. I have a 4 wheel drive Suburban.......and I'm not afraid to use it! Ok, my wife has a Suburban.

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 1995 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »

Late notice, I know, sorry. Set-up is Wed, from noon - 3. Anyone? I can't be there.

I'll be there as well.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »

1 or 2  extra persons there at setup is plenty. Please PM me if you want to help Wednesday with the time you could be there so I can coordinate when to arrive. It takes about 1 hour to setup and my time if between noon and 3pm to drive in the old Vibe full of stuff.

I might have a little more to setup this year. More than last year for sure with electricity back thanks to mikesmiph!! Still not too bad a deal to setup the booth.

We have a few extra things going on this year, but most of you just need to be able to talk about fishing to people as they walk on by during the actual show.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 02:16:43 PM »

The electricity is thanks to Bass Minder, not me personally. I give credit when credit is due.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »

Was trying to hurry so it's good that you clarified for me! Thanks! You should link that Bass Minder to their website.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 03:02:16 PM »

Just curious what you need help with during the show?  Is it just manning the booth, handing out brochures, or what?

Can't remember if I got back with you between the 9 day power/Internet outage and this wonderful f/u snow storm? If you can talk to people about fishing, answer some questions, tell them about joining the free website(s) - GreatLakesBass.com at least, then you can be a BIG help!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »

Me too! Z is there on Thursday and it'd be nice if he makes it and lots of people come out to see him. And all the rest of the great stuff!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »

Okay - IMPORTANT: I've updated all the times to make sure they are correct. I've added in some additional slots and updated some of your schedules INCLUDING adding additional times. Please let me and/or Mikesmiph know if you need a change for some reason.

As I added in, we will be participating in a legal voter petition drive so I can use additional volunteers to 'supervise' that part and get signatures from registered voters. You do not have to deal with the petitions if you don't want to. It will be a separate activity for those willing to help to protect our sport from animal rights people and the November referendum against scientific fish and game management.

I'll be setting up the private board and adding you all to it later tonight for complete rules and volunteer exhibitor information.

We may have a larger booth to help handle to petition drive and spread out some activities we'll be doing at this show.

I don't have the budget to pay for parking. I would if I did. If you are coming more than 2 days from Thursday through Sunday for any reason, you can buy a $10 4-day parking pass ON THURSDAY ONLY if you can make it there to get it. I won't be able to buy a bunch for you though if you can get $10 to me for that before Thursday I can buy extra passes and figure out a way to get them to you. The storms have tapped out my budget between electricians, generator gas and food losses/cost.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »

Me too! Z is there on Thursday and it'd be nice if he makes it and lots of people come out to see him. And all the rest of the great stuff!

2 people at work asked who he was and who was Gerald Swindell.   

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:13 PM »

We can't all be perfect. :)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 01:44:55 AM »

Anyone who is on the volunteers list should also now be able to see the child board private only for identified GreatLakesBass.com show volunteers. There's more detailed information for volunteers in a post under that board.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you can't see the board (only volunteers can see the board - if you don't volunteer no secrets for you - neener neener).

The path to the volunteers board is: Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum > Bass Fishing > Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit > UFS Helpers Information

When you first enter the Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit board look for UFS Helpers Information  child board at the very top.

capt charlie's charters

• capt charlie
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »

greetings.....I just noticed I'm down for Saturday, but will have to pass we've been tasked to watch the grand kids out in Sterling Hgts, sorry but I will be there Friday and do you need my help on Thursday ?

capt c

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »

greetings.....I just noticed I'm down for Saturday, but will have to pass we've been tasked to watch the grand kids out in Sterling Hgts, sorry but I will be there Friday and do you need my help on Thursday ?

capt c

Can you help 3 to 5 on Thursday? Or 4 to 6? If not, thanks for helping on Friday.

I took you off Saturday.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 01:01:04 AM »

I'm going to need to track down some more Saturday people. We will be busy with too little help. Can anyone else volunteer?

We have 20 feet right now so we can have someone, or multiple someones running the petition signature requests too. It's pretty important to all of our goals of scientific management and more fishing opportunity. Thanks.

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 01:17:31 AM »

I'm going to need to track down some more Saturday people. We will be busy with too little help. Can anyone else volunteer?

We have 20 feet right now so we can have someone, or multiple someones running the petition signature requests too. It's pretty important to all of our goals of scientific management and more fishing opportunity. Thanks.

Let me know the 4 hour period you need Saturday and / or Sunday... Try to get me with Mike so Veronica and Caelyn can go climbing !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge