Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kicking around the idea of a Michigan bass season conference call

Started by djkimmel, December 22, 2013, 02:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I'll look at the schedule after the Tuesday all day meeting in Clare. I have to add 1 or 2 other meetings yet.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Haven't forgotten or given up on this idea. Things have been happening, with some changes in strategy, and several additional meetings. Between the Bassmaster Classic next week and Outdoorama the week after it will have to happen in early March. Maybe I will have better information to share by then? Supposed to be a follow up meeting of the Warmwater Resources Steering Committee scheduled around that time. Not sure yet exactly what we'll be discussing there.

Meanwhile, speaking at the NRC meeting tomorrow about the bass season and bass fishing, and then various outdoor discussion Friday with the Conservation Coalition and some MDNR leadership.

MDNR Fisheries Division chief Jim Dexter is going to the Bassmaster Classic next week to meet with all of us B.A.S.S. federation conservation directors. I last heard the Ohio fish chief and a policy person from Wisconsin were going from our region. Haven't heard if anymore from the Great Lakes are going. I hope a few more decided to go.

It helps to meet, to get to know each other a little better. Find out that we all care about bass, bass fishing and our natural resources as much as anyone else. Find out none of us actually has two heads... or horns... :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SethV

djkimmel

djkimmel

I see the latest Bassmaster Classic Conservation Summit list now includes a representative from the Iowa DNR and Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. I was hoping a few more agencies from the Great Lakes would make it. Maybe some have been added since the last list update.

I was told by the MDNR Fisheries Division Chief Jim Dexter Thursday that we are expected to get the MDNR proposals back at the next Warmwater Resources Steering Committee meeting to be scheduled in March.

Also been told we need to update some legislation. Word is Senator Hansen will introduce the legislation, and as long as MUCC and the bass federations support it, it shouldn't be a big problem to get it passed. This is to allow the NRC to have the legal authority to adjust the bass season equal to the Legislature authority, as Public Act 21 of 2014 intended.

Still working out some bugs to enable that law completely. That's only if we get enough petition signatures (300,000+) to defeat the vote in November by hs us to repeal Public Act 21 taking away scientific management of fish and game...

djkimmel

Waiting on a date for the follow up MDNR Warmwater Resources Steering Committee meeting where Jim Dexter says we'll get the MDNR Fisheries Division proposal(s). Supposed to be soon I was told.