Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2013 KVD Charity Classic returns to Kent Lake with the Detroit Lions

Started by djkimmel, April 04, 2013, 02:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

2013 KVD Charity Classic Back on Kent Lake

Detroit Lions and Kevin VanDam team up again for a charity fishing tournament on Monday, June 10, 2013

The 2013 KVD Charity Classic returns to Kent Lake Monday, June 10, 2013 allowing anglers the chance to fish and compete with the Detroit Lions and seven-time BASS Angler of the Year, Kevin VanDam. The event consists of a day on the lake competing with Head Coach Jim Schwartz, players, alumni, KVD and other Elite Anglers to catch the biggest bass.

Read complete article on GreatLakesBass.com Tournament News.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

There is a PDF link available along with a timeline for the fishing day in the news article. Details may not be complete and possibly subject to change yet at this early date.

Please note there will be no private angler boats in the event this year. All charity sponsors will fish with an Elite Series pro or local angler guide and Detroit Lions players, personnel and alumni (in noted levels) in a provided boat.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

Last year was expensive and this year is even higher. Going for the corporate sponsor and really not anyone else. Bummer....
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

markgoetsch

How could one go about volunteering to be a boater for this event?

djkimmel

Quote from: t-bone on April 04, 2013, 12:07:33 PM
Last year was expensive and this year is even higher. Going for the corporate sponsor and really not anyone else. Bummer....

They do have a high goal to raise for charity. I was told they lowered the entry level price but I believe private anglers could get in last year for $1,500/3 anglers. I have not clarified a few things yet since it is early in the process - the meeting that produced this document was only a week and a half ago. I was not there so I don't have further details. I may when I hear back from the Lions PR person.

There are no private angler (boater) spots this year. Only the Silver Sponsor and up, which will all use provided boats. The $1,500 is for companies to have a product table and some listings at the weigh in/auction/dinner.

Still, anyone can get into the weigh in part of the show for $100 (which can include 2 kids 12 and under). I do not have complete details on what is included in that yet.

This event is really, really good for fishing and bass tournament fishing. Last year's event played an instrumental role in getting the 2013 Bassmaster Elite event on Lake St. Clair, which played a role (along with Michigan's 'fairy godfather' Mark Zona) in getting the September All Star Week in Michigan too!

djkimmel

Quote from: markgoetsch on April 04, 2013, 09:11:14 PM
How could one go about volunteering to be a boater for this event?

I'm not sure at this point. There was a private poll of several people last year. As I mentioned above, I'm told there will be no private angler boats this year. They have restructured that part of the event with more pro anglers volunteering. They probably have a list of local experts lined up to cover  depending upon how many Silver Sponsors they sign up.

I do not think things are 100% set yet though they may be close to that. I have not talked to anyone directly involved in the last meeting.

The final number of boaters may go up if they get more corporate and charity-minded angler sponsors with some extra money to donate.

Since they have ramped up participation and marketing to companies this year, I guess anything is possible at this early time. I expect they have a pretty good list of willing boaters lined up from last year, but if I hear anything about a need for more boaters and I am asked I would pass that information along. They are most likely all set but you never know for sure.

My advice to anyone who did not participate as a volunteer boater last year would be to find a sponsor/company and talk them into donating to this excellent charity event along with mentioning your name as a worthy boater volunteer. Not sure that would work but I always say it never hurts to try.

There were a few volunteers last year who ended up as camera boats and other on-the-water helpers besides taking out fishing groups. I have no idea yet what I will be doing. I don't have my truck fixed or boat back, but I hope I do by June!?! Then I have to make sure cameraguy is available June 10 since he is the video/photo expert not me. (I don't want to embarrass him or give away secrets I may have promised to keep - darn memory! - but his video was used by a number of other cool people since the event as a favor and he was not credited publicly - oh, we will be calling those 'chips' in though...  ;D.)

cameraguy

djkimmel

djkimmel

Just wanted to add that dinner is still included in the $100 weigh in tickets in case anyone was wondering.

Also, I have confirmed that there are no limits on the number of Silver Sponsor spots they will sell for charity. KVD is bringing more Elite Series and pro anglers to volunteer as boaters this year, and they will get local experts to take any additional sponsors who sign up.

I expect this year to be a pretty big deal for charity and for the promotion of bass fishing, tournament anglers and the Detroit Lions' community services!

djkimmel

I have uploaded an updated PDF 2013 KVD Charity Classic promotional document from the Detroit Lions PR person. They have updated the schedule of events on June 10 to different times later in the day.

I will share any new information as it becomes available. I have it on my calendar since the only person who could probably keep me from being there will also be there - so I should be good to go! cameraguy is open so far so a little sabotage if necessary and plying him with some free donuts might work there! ;D

I hope some of you can make it too! It should be even more fun this year! It is for a number of great causes, and really does advance our goals of more and better bass fishing in Michigan!