email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Side imaging on the bow/trolling motor: Where to you mount the transducer?  (Read 4185 times)

Victor Cerabone

I have a Humminbird 998 with SI at the console.  I want to add a HB brand unit up front. 

Are any of you using SI at the bow? 

Where do you mount your transducer?

Do you think the SI is worth the $$$ for the bow?

Thanks!

Vic

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery

You would have to mount it to the trolling motor like any other fish finder unless you want to run the cable all the way to the back, rendering the fish finder part of the unit kind of useless when fishing up front.  One other thing is that if you turn the motor too fast the SI image will blur badly but if you move it slow you can "scan" around the boat.  Not many people have done this though.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Redbone

I ended up getting di in the bow instead of si. It sounded like it was the most practical. Of course, price played an issue on that.

Cy

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • View Gallery

I have talked to several guys that have SI up front and they all like it.  The mount the transducer on the trolling motor.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

motocross269

Firefighter Jeff

I have a Transducer Shield and Saver up front for my 788 ducer and one on my jackplate for my 898 ducer.  They are rock solid and well worth the money as far as I am concerned. Easy installation.  I think the ducer for my 898 runs about $160 so if I keep just one from busting I have saved money !!!

Erie660

I just added a 998 HD on the bow with the transducer shield and saver. I agree with Jeff it is well worth the money and an easy install.

bsimpson

I have SI on the bow and love it.  I also use the transducer saver and really like that as well, it makes the transducer rock solid.

Rangerman

• Godfather of the Lake Norman Mafia
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery

Good Luck on DI on trolling motor ;D I hope it works for you.

JBASS

What is a transducer shield?

Firefighter Jeff

What is a transducer shield?

It's a bracket custom made for the transducer you purchase.  It protects the transducer from damage.  Shoot me a email and I'll mail ya pics of mine.  Jsreg23@aol.com    Jeff

motocross269

I provided a link about 5 replies up... ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge