email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zona's show this week Feb. 1  (Read 1894 times)

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
Zona's show this week Feb. 1
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:06:45 AM »

Last night's show was one of my favorites from the Z man.  I knew some of the background to the show from what I'd learned in Novi.  That made it even better. 

Nice to watch a show where the host pounds em on a SE Michigan lake like that.  It's quite encouraging.  I have no idea what lake it was.  I don't need to.  I won't even try and guess.

It was encouraging because he was fishing there soon after a weed kill and he still caught em.
It was encouraging because of how built up that lake is and still has so many fish. 
It was encouraging when I saw the numbers of  large fish he pulled out of that lake. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Frank

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
    • Red Dirt Bait Company
Re: Zona's show this week Feb. 1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »

I didn't recognize it either.  We have a ton of amazing lakes around here. After tournament season last year I went out with a couple members to 3 private lakes we rotated between.  We started to think catching 50 fish wa a really bad day.  Most of those lakes have tons of huge houses around them but no pressure at all

bigjc

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

I caught the show this morning, and it is OFF THE HOOK.  I am only slightly disappointed that he let the cat out of the bag about Bluegills.  So many MI fisherman miss that, and to me it is one of the most critical summer patterns that we have.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

Well, good anglers should be always be aware of the 3 things bass need - spawning areas, habitat and forage. Find those 3 things close together and there's a bunch of bass in the area!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Packard

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »

Looked like Lobdell Lake in Argentine

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »

I need to get back to Lobdell Lake. That was my childhood bass training lake... Lots of great memories there over the years! That's what I love about fishing shows fishing the smaller inland lakes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

bigjc

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »

I need to get back to Lobdell Lake. That was my childhood bass training lake... Lots of great memories there over the years! That's what I love about fishing shows fishing the smaller inland lakes.
Yeah, too bad we don't get to see more of it

Packard

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:25 PM »

I got my PB Largemouth from that lake. Still a great lake to fish.

bigjc

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »

Another great show for the Z-train this weekend!  Zona, KVD and LSC...it doesn't get any better than that!

Packard

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »

Another great show for the Z-train this weekend!  Zona, KVD and LSC...it doesn't get any better than that!

I agree, the perfect combo

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »

That was fun. I've watched it 4 or 5 times now. I keep picking up things I missed. They make quite the pair!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge