email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get together 2013  (Read 12266 times)

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 1995 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator
  • View Gallery
Re: Get together 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »

I'll leave where to launch to people familiar with the lake.  BBQ sounds good.  Burgers and dogs again.  Somewhere with a shelter at least in case the weather is less than kind.

April 27th is the date, who's in?

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Refuge Community Church
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »

I'm there.  Regarding the launch.  We have a few options.  Any of the launches can work, then we could go to Metro Beach for the BBQ.  Or, we could launch there to save the hassle, but is is a little more expensive to launch there.  Another option would be to see if there is a picnic area at the point where the 11 Mile launch is located.  I'm not sure.  I know people shore fish out there but not sure about the a picnic area.  I can go ask.  Another option is to launch at the Cutoff Ramp or 11 Mile Ramp and see if we can get in to Memorial Park afterwards.  I'm a resident, so I think I can get people in there without any problems.  Again, I'll ask and find out. 
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church
www.refugechurchwarren.com

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

troossien1

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »

How's the fishing that time of year out there lol!
Kistler rods

troossien1

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »

I may be able to clear a schedule but ill get back with ya tomorrow with word from my grandpa
Kistler rods

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »

Here it is April and it's me and Tom so far...

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »

i can't.   My club is fishing that day. 

Maybe opening day isn't the best time?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »

The day after?

troossien1

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »

I was thinking sometime later in the year, I am actually pretty busy until after school is out :/
Kistler rods

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Refuge Community Church
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »

Yo, bring your foul weather gear.  LOL.  I hope this crappy weather clears up by next weekend.  I'm still planning on being there even if Ypsi and I are the only ones.   ;D  Hey Rick, wanna fish with me or one of the other guys who signed up?  LOL.  Come on guys, I know there are lots of bros and sisters out there who plan to fish the opener on the best Smallie lake in the world, so come join us.  We'll be launching at 11 Mile ramp to make it easy to get on the Mile Roads.  Regarding a BBQ, I'd like to suggest something different since it's looking like a small crowd.  It's a tradition of mine to have lunch after fishing at this little diner right by the ramp called Lake Breeze.  They make good Walleye.  That way I get to eat fish even if I have a lousy day of fishing. (if there is such a thing)  How about we do it the easy way and save the BBQ for the fall when we can get more people to come.  Rick, I'm gonna PM you an idea about that.

WHO'S IN?  Come on Mojo, UAW BD, Bassnkid, BigJC and all you other St. Clair addicts....  Let's make this a fun and memorable opener!
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church
www.refugechurchwarren.com

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 09:55:31 AM »

Sounds good Tom.  Where you want to launch out of?

troossien1

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »

how was the fishin? I ended up going to muskegon lake on sunday because I just couldnt find time off of work and school.  did ya whack em?
Kistler rods

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=18300.0

If you want the TL;DR version: I had a great time fishing with Revtro.  Wished we could have got more people together from the CAB, but maybe in the fall we can get more interest.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 12:37:08 AM »

Keep picking a date and then sticking to it. It may not work perfect or even well but you 2 got out. Everyone is so 'busy, busy.' :)

Pick a date and then link the post to the calendar too. That makes it a little more noticeable.

This will give me more push to figure out in my new design how I make things easier for everyone.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge