Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

18' vs 20' bassboat on the Great Lakes

Started by 6 lb Smallmouth, July 17, 2012, 10:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YpsiBass

Congrats on the boat! Never heard of the brand, but considering how long it took you to get one, I'm sure you've made the right decision. If you ever fish Kent Lake, I've got a pretty important waypoint to share with you...

6 lb Smallmouth

Quote from: YpsiBass on February 01, 2016, 03:53:41 PM
Congrats on the boat! Never heard of the brand, but considering how long it took you to get one, I'm sure you've made the right decision. If you ever fish Kent Lake, I've got a pretty important waypoint to share with you...

Thanks.  Tuffy is a small boat company in Wisconsin that caters to musky and walleye fishermen.  The X-190 has a big front deck and room for a kicker since I like fishing some HP-restricted lakes.  Recon is comparable brands. 

My main choice came down to the new Lund Pro V bass or the Tuffy X-190.  They were comparably priced and in the end, the glass boat won.     Came close to a couple used Panteras but decided to go new and get exactly what I wanted.  Gonna be a long wait till April. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

Slipkey

Quote from: 6lb Smallmouth on January 30, 2016, 08:44:53 PM
So it took me a couple extra years but I finally got my new boat.  Funny how buying a house and having a baby get in the way of a boat!  Anyways, I ordered a Tuffy X190.  Anyone familiar with them?  19.4' with a deep V hull.  Going to have to break it in properly next summer in northern Michigan. 

Congrats!  Tuffy's a nice boat for big water, from what I know.  I see a number of them when fishing on Green Bay or up in Minnesota with my Dad.

detroit1

I remember seeing Tuffy's in Fishing Facts magazines in the 70's. They've been around for awhile....
WAVE THERAPY

bigjc

Not a bad choice.  Pretty uncommon boat in MI, but popular with Musky anglers all over the country.  Let us know how you like it...

djkimmel

Yes, a follow up report would be helpful. I've seen them a few times on Lake St. Clair and occasionally on inland lakes too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

6 lb Smallmouth

I pick it up Wednesday.  Going hit Lake Geneva to start the break-in.  In less than a month I'll be in Elk Rapids for a couple weeks to properly break it in.  This is how it looked fresh off the line.  Will be powered by Yamaha F175. 

Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

bigjc

The Tuffy looks like an excellent choice.  I have always heard good things about them.  You simply cannot beat a deep V design in a Great Lakes fishing boat.  Since the last time I posted on this topic, I have sold my bass boat, and for the past two seasons, I have been fishing out of a 16 1/2 foot deep V tiller, Alumacraft.  I miss the speed of the bass boat at times, but I always feel safe in it, and it tows well behind my GMC Canyon.