email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minn Kota repair  (Read 1140 times)

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
Minn Kota repair
« on: September 02, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »

I have a Minn Kota Edge foot operated. The latch spring broke. I got a new one and can't for the life of me figure out how to install it. I look at the diagram and it looks to me like it's all riveted together. Do I really have to drill out rivets to change this spring?  Can anyone please give me some direction? Mike 810-394-1820

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Minn Kota repair
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »

What motor model exactly do you have? What is the part number - where located on the motor?

Might help someone help you. I can take a look too if I know better. I haven't had to do this on a Minn Kota but if I can take a closer look maybe I can see something?

Good luck.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

Edge 40lb foot control. I have the parts diagram but it just shows it sitting there. Part number on the diagram is 45.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 07:07:29 PM »

Is it clear looking at the actual motor that there is no way to get the part in without taking that location apart??

I wonder if you called Minn Kota customer service if they could offer any real helpful advice on how you replace that part? It might actually be some simple trick or move that isn't apparent.

I could maybe ask someone but I'm not sure of anyone who would actually have experience doing it. You might also try calling one of the marina service departments and see, if you ask real nice... ;D, if they could tell you something helpful. Sometimes asking works (not always, but sometimes).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:12:38 PM »

I'll try Minn Kota on Tuesday, if not, I'll try our buddy where I bought the boat. Thanks for checking Dan.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »

That was pretty much my other suggestion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge