Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

LSC Mile Rds 5/30

Started by mwagner0071, June 01, 2012, 09:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwagner0071

Fished the mile rds on Thurs 5/30 between 9 mile and GPYC. Bite was fairly steady between 7 - 10 feet.  Fish average size was very (SM) small.  Buddy and I managed 27 SM, 1 walleye, 1 pike, 2 sheep, 4 largies and countless RB, from 6:30 - 12:30. Only 3 SM over 3lbs, the rest were between 8 - 15 inches.

We have been fishing SANG most of the year, a few trips to the mile rds.  Fish average size for us has been consistently large at SANG.

Wags

Skulley

Ah yes.........mid-July fishing on the Mile Rds. in May. I was out that day too and absolutely killed them. Lots of 2's and 3's along with several in the 4lb range. Check the S.W.A.G. Facebook page for some pictures of the bigger fish I caught. You guys were just in the wrong part of the lake for this time of year. Right now in my opinion and that's all I got from years of log entries and my most recent trips, LSC is fishing more like July than May/June.

BD.                                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mwagner0071

Thanks BigDog.

Without giving too much away, could you help a relative LSC newcomer out with what i should be looking for relative to Post Spawn patterns for the lake?

I assume their following ssummer patterns would be in the deeper cooler water provided by the channels and the DR?

djkimmel

Some might be but I would think most are still on their way out deeper. I bet there are still some spawning too or not too far from where the beds are. I always look for weed clumps and rock/gravel farther out this time of the year if I'm not seeing or catching bass up shallower.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I've been quoted as saying that the lake right now is fishing like it is early to mid-July. During that time, most of the spawning smallmouth have moved to deeper water. The rock bass have moved into areas to start their natural process. On LSC it is my theory that most normal seasons, length of daylight has a lot to do with smallmouth movement. This year, which I consider not a normal year because of weather in March and April, had more of an effect than length of day. But length of day was in the equation still. I do better on LSC on days with bluebird skies. The sun warms the water and the wind has nothing to do with it. I have never seen a lake where barometer did not effect the fishing. On LSC, my theory has been that barometer doesn't move fish around or give them lock jaw. Why just last week, while on vacation, I fished on 3 days during the week and weekend. Each day bright it's own different conditions and on one of the days the barometric conditions changed 3 or 4 different times. But during the 3 days, the bite did not seem to be effected by the barometric changes. My theory is the current in LSC. Rivers aren't effected too much by barometric pressure because of current so because LSC has current, barometric pressure doesn't seem to effect the bite there. I have several theories as why things are what they are out there. Lots if things have changed in the last 20 years with exotics in the mix, like a lot of the fish I caught had gobies in their mouth and some had crayfish. I always look to see what they're eating so I can make adjustments accordingly through the day.

Anyway, I would say the real good fishing up shallow for spawners right now is on the south shore of the lake in Ontario. Right now, bass fishing is in the closed season so those fish are unmolested. Actually this year could turn out to be a great year class because of the early weather cycle. An early spawn out there allowed for a lot of spawners all over the lake to be unmolested. We will see in the years to come.

BD.                                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Ummmm  keeping in mind there are no dumb questions........  :)  What or where the heck is this SANG I read about???  Thanks

Skulley

SANG is Selfridge Air National Guard located on the west side of Anchor Bay in the northern region of the very pristine Lake St. Clair.

BD.                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com