Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

New Record Set for Winning Weight at 2012 MadWags Memorial East Lake St Clair

Started by djkimmel, May 16, 2012, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The team of old$chool, Jay-MadWags and Evan Wagensomer worked together to SMASH the winning weight record for the spring East MadWags Memorial Members Tournament on Lake St. Clair Saturday, May 12, 2012 with a GIANT 5 smallmouth bass limit measuring 27 POUNDS!!! That was anchored by the Big Bass of the event - a TOAD 6-2 smallmouth bass! We had another big turnout this year with 21 boats and 49 total anglers but I felt having our special guest: David Wagensomer's son Evan fish with us for his first ever bass tournament to be one of the real highlights! So glad he fished and that Mom Liza Wagensomer made it to the weigh in / cookout / awards ceremony!

We also had another youth fishing his first tournament ever - Duncan B - fishing with capt charlies charters and Cheetam. Duncan landed the big bass in their boat too! Youth angler Andrew L returned for his 2nd event too fishing with his Mom Laura and Uncle t-bone! I really love that this event gets such a great mix of anglers!

We actually had a tie for Big Bass this year with TWO 6-2 smallmouth bass!! The team of MaizeNBlue and TritonTR20 were awarded 2nd big bass since the heavy stringer tiebreaker went to champion old$chool's boat! Another change in a coveted prize category - bassfan586 tried hard to win ANOTHER Big Ugly title with an almost 4 pound Northern Pike but out of nowhere 'Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful' Cheetam banged down an 11.39 pounds fish only a mother can love (just kidding) - a big ole Channel Catfish caught on a drop shot!! Lake St. Clair is actually a trophy class Channel Catfish destination with tons of whiskered fish this size! No sheepshead this year though a giant rock bass and pound and a half white bass (caught by youth angler Duncan) were also brought to the scale.

One of many big Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass Evan Wagensomer caught while fishing with old$chool and Jay-MadWags during the 2012 GreatLakesBass.com event honoring Evan's Father David 'MadWags' Wagensomer

The 2012 record setting winning team and family of the spring East MadWags Memorial Members Tournament on Lake St. Clair of Jay-MadWags (L-David's nephew), Liza Wagensomer (David's wife), Evan Wagensomer (David's son), me - djkimmel, and old$chool (Todd Koehler - close friend of the family)!

BOATERSNONBOATERS# BassTotal WeightBig BassPlace
old$choolJay-MadWags, Evan Wagensomer527-0*6-21 1
markgoetschYpsiBass522-6 5-0 2
LGMOUTHWaterfoul, thedude520-3 4-9 3
MaizeNBlueTritonTR20518-6 6-22 4
SethVTrux, hefinator516-133-15 5
BMall2k JIGS516-133-11 6
Mikesmiphdjkimmel516-123-8 7
Cy tevans516-6 4-12 8
Firefighter JeffKHefner516-3 5-8 9
bassfan586deepdiver515-0 3-1410
stackenemTheFishinPollack514-123-8 11
Manxfishingcsfishslayer513-123-1212
BrianBjerkbait513-113-3 13
t-boneAndrew & Laura L513-4 3-0 14
BaybassTeam houston512-123-2 15
tjrockRandy Smith512-8 3-8 16
River Ratbob o, Dave B512-7 3-4 17
Mike SMojo, Bassin Brett512-6 2-1418
VinceRcustomfishn512-6 2-1219
capt charlies chartersCheetam3, Duncan B510-5 3-0 20
RevtroChadDa3mon4 7-5 2-4 21

* MadWags Memorial Members Tournament East Lake St. Clair winning weight record!
1 Big Bass winner 6-2 smallmouth
2 2nd Big Bass 6-2 smallmouth
3 Big Ugly winner 11.39 pounds channel catfish

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

The very important Sponsors thank you post is here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=13610.0

Please make sure you check out the additional persons who helped make this event more fun and successful along with the GreatLakesBass.com Sponsor Advertisers who make this Web site possible!

The MadWags Memorial Members Tournament Virtual Plaque has been updated here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/dkopen/dkopenhx.html

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Some more pictures from the 2012 MadWags Memorial Members Tournament from the various members who fished with us on Saturday.

This is what it's all about! Members, families and youth anglers enjoying our great fishing! Here's Duncan B. fishing his first tournament ever. I'm honored he chose us to try it out! Duncan fished with capt charlies charters and Cheetam catching this, their largest smallmouth bass of the day! Congratulations Duncan! You look like you had fun!!

Another youth angler strikes Lake St. Clair smallmouth green gold! Andrew is one of our repeat youth and he also caught the biggest bass of his team! Andrew fished with t-bone and his Mom Laura!

Though youthful in spirit, here's member Firefighter Jeff with a big ole 5 1/2 pounds smallmouth bass that ended up 3rd big bass!

jerkbait fished with BrianB and shared one of his nice Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass.

Looks like a big Lake St. Clair smallie can almost make Waterfoul smile in a picture! He fished with LGMOUTH and thedude taking 3rd place with a big 20-3 limit!

Mike S.

Mike, is that the fish you took my dollar with?  1.5 lbrs?  Man, I got jipped!  Lol!

Cheetam

Jeff

djkimmel

There we go!!! That's the picture I was waiting for!! I'm going to have to figure out a way to ramp up the Big Ugly part of the contest. That is maybe the most fun part!! Good Job Cheetam!!

capt charlie's charters

Once again, had a great time as did my crew, especially da rookie Duncan B who busted his first ever smallmouth !

Thanks to all who went to all the effort to put on another first class outing.

capt charlie

dartag

Cheetam

Jeff