Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 MadWags Memorial East Lake St Clair Sponsors Recognition

Started by djkimmel, May 16, 2012, 12:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

It is so very important for anyone who enjoys this free site to always consider the companies that make this Web site and events like the MadWags Memorial Members Tournament possible and more fun. Please check out the GreatLakesBass.com Sponsors for the excellent companies that provide great products and services. I was able to give all the youth anglers a lure pack before the event. I made sure our female angler started out with something new to try too! Hopefully, we can get more kids and lady anglers to our future events!

Please choose them whenever possible and make sure you tell them you are doing so because of their support for GreatLakesBass.com. I can't stress how critical this is to keep this site going.

Please join me in also thanking the following companies (in alpha order) who have generously donated prizes for the 2012 MadWags Memorial East on Lake St. Clair. Updated 5/16/2012 12:49AM

Case Plastics (caseman) Case also donates very generously and this year was no different. They sent a large box full of tubes, worms, stick worms, Hellgramites, a Schooling Umbrella A Rig kit and much more!!

Drop Shot Dennys Bait and Tackle (517-930-1632 macbass on GLBass. macbass always generously donates his high quality baits including the NEW Ditch Bug custom creature bait, jigs and his Widowmaker tubes!

Grandt Rods (jagbigdog, BrianB and WillyC) For their support and the donation of the special prize - the Grandt Rods Stealth rod personalized to the MadWags Memorial tournament, won by Waterfoul!! He was pretty surprised!

K&E Stopper Lures (Jim Sprague) donated a box full of complete bass fishing kits from K&E Stopper lures. This helped me spread the giving out to more teams. You can check out the large product line of K&E Stopper Lures online at AnglersMart.com ADD AFFILIATE LINK

Kustom Kicker Jigs (2k JIGS and his team) donated 6 very nice prize packs for the top 3 teams including their kustom quality jigs and their coveted finesse reaper rigs along with 10 t-shirts that went very fast!

Leverage Landing Net's old$chool (Todd Koehler) generously donated 2 of their unique one-hand landing nets for the winning team and since his team won with that massive 27 pounds limit of Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass, he donated the nets to the 2nd big bass winning team of MaizeNBlue and TritonTR20. This is the net I've been looking for for years! One handed operation with the forearm rest that gives you the leverage to lift these big smallies! Easy storage since the Leverage Landing net collapses to a small size! Easy deploy! Just push, rotate and flip to open and fully extend! Better for the bass too - it's tangle free rubberized and knot-less mesh! The ultimate landing!

The Mangler (TheMangler) generously donated a selection of their unique lures. Please check out their unique and cost-effective line of lures at www.themangler.com covering bass, crappie, trout and other fish! I did not get the package to this event so I will be giving these lures out as prizes in additional contests this season!

Revolution Baits (River Rat) Scott donated an assortment of his custom, quality soft plastics hand poured right here in Michigan!

Sportsmens Direct (raisinrat) Justin Clark donated an assortment of their inhouse Candy Plastics soft plastics, 3 of their exclusive, high end Joe Balog Goby Replica lures and a box full of 10% off cards for your next visit to their convenient store at 36072 JEFFERSON AVE next door to the MDNR Clinton River Cutoff boater access site! Justin and his crew also hosted some of our members who arrived early with free coffee, fishing licenses and a chance to pick up a few last minute hot lures for our great day of fishing on Lake St. Clair!

SWAG jigs {csfishslayer, jerkbait) donated a large selection of their specialty, custom bass fishing tackle! Quality jigs, spinnerbaits and fishing tackle!

Troll Perfect - Perfect Outdoor Products makes your foot-controlled electric trolling motor easier to manage and less tiring by reducing torque on Minn Kota or MotorGuide motors. Check out this helpful product to improve your fishing experience at www.trollperfect.com. The winning team received certificates for two Troll Perfect units of their choice!

WaveSpin reels Once again, WaveSpin reel and LGMOUTH (Don Watts) donated a high end DH 3000z no tangle reel to the coveted Big Ugly Award winner Cheetam for his almost 12 pounds channel catfish caught on a drop shot!!

Thanks also to Waterfoul's (Mike) Grand Rapids West Marine at 2975 28th Street SE (616)954-9822 for adding some additional very nice prizes to our giveaways so all teams 'in the money' received something from them! I know old$chool was happy with the additives for his Merc!! He thought that was a bonus win! He was quicker to pick that up than first place money!!

Xtreme Bass Tackle (877-485-2223 WayneC) WayneC always helps out and this time donated two of his complete Lake St. Clair custom bait solutions packs! The new solutions packs make it easier for anglers to get the best selection of lures in one reasonable package!

I may have forgotten someone considering how long this list is and how short my memory is. If I forgot you, I sincerely apologize and give you permission to send me a snippy message to set me straight (meaning I'll add you to this list)!!

I know all of you would fish anyway, but it sure does spice things up nicely when all these companies so generously donate items for your enjoyment at their cost!

THANKS so much to all of these great companies and all of the sponsor advertisers without whom GreatLakesBass.com could not be successful! Please consider the companies that make GreatLakesBass.com possible whenever you can and thank them too!

Hey! One more 'sponsor!' How about Mikesmiph for buying all the meat and a new grill on the way to the event, coming in early to get them going and cooking all that great food for us!?! He even took me to a good spot and let me catch a few bass! THANKS MIKE!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Here's Waterfoul already out giving the MadWag's designed Grandt Stealth fishing rod a workout after our event. Thanks for the picture Waterfoul!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.