email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jay Yelas' book...  (Read 1917 times)

motocross269

Jay Yelas' book...
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »

Just finished reading it....Very good testimonial.

It is pretty interesting reading the struggles he had early on finding some sense of direction in Tournament fishing and his life....

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Refuge Community Church
Re: Jay Yelas' book...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »

I'll definitely have to pick it up.  I've read Jimmy Houston's books and Mike Ioconelli's book.  Even though Ike doesn't come from a spiritual perspective, I found his journey pretty interesting and motivational.
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church
www.refugechurchwarren.com

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Jay Yelas' book...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »

I haven't read any angler's book in quite a while but I have read some longer things Jay Yelas has written. I am always interested in someone who makes decisions he or she feels are right and then sticks to them through thick and thin. Seems like we can learn things from those kinds of experiences. For every time I have stuck to the right thing (at least what I thought was right) no matter what, I can think of a time I didn't. Still lots of room for improvement.

For an older book sort of like Ike's (probably) that does make you think and get an idea what it is like making a choice to follow a path that isn't your every day path 'regular' society accepts and understands, I liked Diary of a Bass Pro by Joe Thomas. It was maybe the first 'so you think you want to be a bass pro' kind of book.

Not sure if it changed my 'path' or just played another part in my evolution along the 'what am I going to do when I grow up' path that I thought I was off for a while but it turns out maybe I'm still on it. It definitely made me think. I would have read more of these kinds books but I spend too much time on computers and watching What About Bob or similar funny movies apparently.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge