email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map for GTB?  (Read 6359 times)

6 lb Smallmouth

Map for GTB?
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »

What's the best map you've found for GTB?  Anything on the internet you'd recommend?  Thanks for any info. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

motocross269

Re: Map for GTB?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

I use the Lakemaster Software for up there.....If memory serves me right it is in one foot intervals...

I think their website is lakemaps.com

Genie

• www.MyFishingLogs.com
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Stop wishing and get fishing ...
  • View Gallery
    • MyFishingLogs
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »

Unfortunately, they don't have a paper map.  They do rock though for their detail.  The software route may be the only solution.  Same thing with the Navionics one - nice software, but no so so for the paper map.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.MyFishingLogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

UAWBigDog

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »

Navionics will probably be your best bet.  I have yet to see something better but lakemaps is very close. 

BD                           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

6 lb Smallmouth

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »

Thanks guys for the tips.  Probably just go with the Hotspot map since spending over $100 for the chip is not in the cards right now.  Good fishing.

thedude

• Count Redbeard
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Curmudgeon at Large
  • View Gallery
    • West Michigan Bass
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »

Thanks guys for the tips.  Probably just go with the Hotspot map since spending over $100 for the chip is not in the cards right now.  Good fishing.

You won't like the hotspot map... very little detail.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:28:59 PM by djkimmel »
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »

Are you looking only for a paper map? The Hot Spots map will help some with that. I always suggest you get a NOAA chart. You can order printed charts from MUCC. thedude provided a good link to an online zoomable version.

If you want to buy the chart, you will probably want #14913, Grand Traverse Bay to Little Traverse Bay - the same one that thedude linked to live above.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

6 lb Smallmouth

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

Thanks Mike for the offer but that's a little more than I want to spend.

Hotspot maps have always worked for me in Door County so I bet it will work for me on GTB.  Thanks Dude and DJ for the advice and link. 

Firefighter Jeff

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »

Thanks Mike for the offer but that's a little more than I want to spend.

Hotspot maps have always worked for me in Door County so I bet it will work for me on GTB.  Thanks Dude and DJ for the advice and link. 

Hey Jerkbait,  Have you purchased a map yet??  I have an old one you can have, if you want it.  Just message me with your address.  :)    Jeff

6 lb Smallmouth

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »

Thanks for the offer Jeff but I already ordered one. 

By the way, if anyone has any tips for me I'll be staying in Elk Rapids with the family from 6-16 to 6-23.  Never fished the area or actually a Great Lakes smallmouth spawn before so I'll be pretty green.  I've been told to focus on Traverse City rather than Elk Rapids.  Any help is appreciated. 

TheFishinPollock

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »

I live in Elk Rapids I can take ya out and show ya  around a bit when your here . Long as it isnt a tuesday night or weekday when im working .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

6 lb Smallmouth

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »

I live in Elk Rapids I can take ya out and show ya  around a bit when your here . Long as it isnt a tuesday night or weekday when im working .

Sounds good Pollock.  We'll be up sometime Saturday.   If you wanted to go out Sunday that would be great.  I'll be in touch. 

TheFishinPollock

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »

I have a NBAA out on east bay the 19th. So the weekend before woudl be perfect for me. I'll turn ya on to some inland lakes too with spots.  I can get out on EB ,but if the wind is way up my 16 footer  stays off . It's too old to go pounding around, but I will definatly need to get out there  with ya .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge