Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

HB798cSI...

Started by EKennedy, March 28, 2012, 07:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EKennedy

Any reason why I don't want this unit?  My old Lowrance needs to be put down.  I'm thinking future network with a new unit at the bow...while using the new 798cSi at the helm.  Gander has a rebate so I should be able to snag one for $750 after the rebate.  Do i need a high speed transducer as well?  What SD card do I want?  Navionics or the other one?  Special accesories while I'm there?

Thoughts? 

I think I'm going to get one tomorrow afternoon...  wish me luck.

bigmojet

Your getting a great deal. Paid $999 last year. Added a 788 for my bow this winter.
It is smaller screen but still works great. You just gotta take your time when u install the transducer.

I bought the navionics chip last year and works good. The unit comes preloaded with a lot of the same navionics info except any HD lake's.  This winter i bought the lakemaster chip so i can flip flop between 798 and 788.

FishermanJohn

That's a great deal.  I got mine about halfway through last season and I am quite happy with it.  I switched from Lowrance to Humminbird so I'm still playing with all the settings though.  Of course I'd like a bigger screen but I have been doing fine with the smaller size.  Mine's pretty bare bones...standard SI 'ducer, old Lakemaster chip (already has a lot of Navionics on it).

EKennedy

So... officially the rebate was going on last week...NOT this week.  BUT apparently there's another rebate NEXT week.  Pulled the trigger on it anyway.  Will just bring my receipt and get it re-dated so I can take advantage of the rebate.  $799...seems that's Gander's regular price.  I got the last one Novi had in the store.  Also saw the next order...NO 798csi's on that order.  So it seems the Novi store may be out of them for a while.  Will try to install this coming week.

stubbs4short

Hello, I have the 798si hd version make sure that the version is network capable early version were not if in fact it is you are going to be amazed at what IS going to show up in your regular fishing spots you will say i didnt know that was there, good luck and enjoy your new toy!!

Mike S.

You are going to love the side imaging.  I have an 1197csi at the driver seat, and just put an 858c on the bow last week.  Bought an ethernet cable and hooked them together.  It's pretty cool.  The 858 doesn't have side imaging, but I have been told by a few people that it's kind of a waste of money to put it up front anyways.  As for a map card, I use the Lakemaster cards.  You will need one for each unit if you have one front and rear.

bigjc

I decided to wait one more season so I can afford the 7 inch unit.  I am nervous that the 5 inch screen is just too small for these old eyes.