email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chequamegon Bay, Ashland WI  (Read 3599 times)

big tom

Chequamegon Bay, Ashland WI
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »

I am new to this site and was surprised to be unable to find Cheq Bay posts...It is one of the top 10 Trophy Smallmouth fisheries in the USA...

Here are a few from last season...The top pic was 21.2"

bigmojet

Re: Chequamegon Bay, Ashland WI
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »

Welcome to the site. Really nice fish.

Bender

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »

I think I asked on here last year, but it doesn't seem like many people go there. It is on my very short list of places where I haven't been yet and need to go. Is there anything good out around the Apostle Islands?
I think that it's not popular because of the nearly 12 hour drive from SE Michigan. I go to Bessemer MI/Hurley, WI area every winter to ski and really want to drag the boat up there this summer to try that bay as well as Lake Gogebic as well as the Apostle Islands.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »

We were waiting for you and your fishing reports! Thanks for signing up and providing some info and great pictures!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Crookedneck

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:17:12 AM »

Great looking fish!  I was just talking to a buddy about doing a trip up there this year.  I told him the small mouth fishing is supposed to be great.  Just haven't done it yet.

big tom

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »

Prespawn up there isn't until June...

I'll be up there the 4-6th of June... looking at working some new IMA Flit 120s and MaxRap 11s... on the Kakagon Flats... ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge