Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SPI fundraiser Open Tournament Hamlin Lake July 16th

Started by kgr624, July 10, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgr624

SPI hosting a fundraiser tournament for Sports Persons International Ministries. $5.00 from each $50.00 entry will go to Sports Persons International, the rest will be paid back. NO membership fees, no points towards angler of the year race in the Bass tournament series, plaques for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st big bass. Launching out of Wilson park off from Jabavy dr. 7:00am-3:00pm looking to have 15-20 boats.The more the better. Thanks for your support.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Dan

Hey Ken, I'll put a blurb on my blog about the event. Do you have a website? I was wondering where your Pickwick interviews etc. ended up.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

fasttrack

Sounds fun, but all my weekends are booked through Sept. Will be up there the next weekend on a family camping trip but unfortunately I'll be pulling the camper and not the boat
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Firefighter Jeff

From what I can tell, this is open to anyone??  My brother is possibly heading up friday for vacation and might be interested. 

Marc,  what dates will you be in ludington???  I think we will just miss each other.  :(  I'll be back up from the 24th to the 30th.

kgr624

Yes, open to anyone who wants to fish. And Dan we put most of our stuff on Facebook under Team Rippin Lips. I can't wait to go to another event next year. Waiting for schedule. If you could put the open on your blog that would be great. Should be Hot weather and hoping for some HOT fishing.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Firefighter Jeff

I was on Hamlin recently and the smallies are starting to turn on.  :)

fasttrack

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on July 13, 2011, 09:43:25 PM
   From what I can tell, this is open to anyone??  My brother is possibly heading up friday for vacation and might be interested. 

Marc,  what dates will you be in ludington???  I think we will just miss each other.  :(  I'll be back up from the 24th to the 30th.

Heading up Fri the 22nd, back home Mon afternoon the 25th. You can come pick us up at the park and give us a ride around the lake! And show me all your hot spots!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Dan

The Tear Drop had a three hour Thursday nighter on Hamlin last night. 13 lbs. won it. I think everyone had five fish. We had 11-1 and came in fourth. I announced that you were having the tournament there on Saturday.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Firefighter Jeff

Dan, was there a second tournament out of there last night??  Spinninbug from this site had one last night.  Didn't think it was Tear Drop though.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: fasttrack on July 14, 2011, 04:05:11 PM
Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on July 13, 2011, 09:43:25 PM

Heading up Fri the 22nd, back home Mon afternoon the 25th. You can come pick us up at the park and give us a ride around the lake! And show me all your hot spots!

Hey Marc, I can take you around the lake.  Have you been on it before???  I'm kinda tight on time but might be able to do it Sunday afternoon for a bit.  If not I could Monday morning.  Message me your phone number.  :)

Dan

Yes Wendy was there. It's not "Officially" a Tear Drop event or run by the Tear Drop. I only called it that because many of the guys that fish it are from the Tear Drop. Danny Warner has had a Thursday night tournament group that he has run for years. Danny and his dad have fished the Tear Drop forever, at least 25 years. The Thursday night group fish lakes in the Ludington/Scottville area. Some of them are pretty small. They usually have 10-15 boats. $25 entry fee. They fish a little lake near Scottville called Plinus Lake next Thursday. Not sure on that spelling.

Dan

The Tear Drop's "Back Up and Dump" Stumbrie team wins the Hamlin event with 13 something and big fish. Haven't heard what the weights were down the line, but I suspect a lot of 2 pound limit fish.

BassMastaJ

Hamlin Lake Open Results
1. Craig and Jared Stumbrie 13.35 lbs
2. Jimmy Vanden Berg/Jason Walcott 12.05lbs
3. Kasey Kyser/Josh Myers 12.00lbs
4. Matt and Ken Reagan 10.53lbs
5. Ross TenHarmsel/Matt Dyer 10.40lbs
6. Andrew VanderSchaaf/Bob Borst 9.52lbs
7. Kyle and Denny Kempkers 9.38 lbs

1st-3rd recieved money and trophies. Thanks to everyone that showed up and for your support of SPI.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Dan on July 16, 2011, 08:56:13 AM
Yes Wendy was there. It's not "Officially" a Tear Drop event or run by the Tear Drop. I only called it that because many of the guys that fish it are from the Tear Drop. Danny Warner has had a Thursday night tournament group that he has run for years. Danny and his dad have fished the Tear Drop forever, at least 25 years. The Thursday night group fish lakes in the Ludington/Scottville area. Some of them are pretty small. They usually have 10-15 boats. $25 entry fee. They fish a little lake near Scottville called Plinus Lake next Thursday. Not sure on that spelling.

Oh, Ok Dan.  I have fished a couple of them after being invited by Wendy.  Didn't realize you were still calling it tear drop group.

Dan

Hey Ken,
I don't have a facebook account and can use my wife's so what is your fishing facebook account address? Also, could you send me some pics from your Hamlin tournament that I could use on my blog? Any other info you would like sponsor wise send along as well and I'll get you some more internet ink. Send it to my email at dshinebassman@yahoo.com.  I see we had at least two teams fish that were at the Thursday nighter I was at. They came in first and third.
I wonder where all the big fish have gone on Hamlin?

Chewy

I was wondering about the big fish also.  The club I was in would have our Classic there and everyone would come in with cookie cutter fish.  They ended up moving it to Cadillac/Mitchell.  The largies on Hamlin fight like they are smallies and they are fun to catch because you can catch a couple of limits if you are on them.  Finding that one big one is really tough but if you get it you will probably win.

Dan

Got a picture from the SPI Hamlin event. Craig and Jared Stumbrie of Irons, MI