Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 C & R Opener where you gonna be.

Started by dartag, April 02, 2011, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Got out of the hospital WAAAAAAAAy later than I had hoped. Missed lunch at White Lake Inn, but met a couple friends at Kent. Only got to fish for a couple hours. I got skunked, like I always do at Kent. Theo caught a couple northerns. At least I was in a boat again.

fuzzygrub1611

I was on Kent today too. I got skunked too. But i did get my new boat out for the first time. II am one happy camper!

dartag

Had a pretty good day on White.  Fished a Jig and Chatterbait all day.  caught most of the fish shallow near docks or cover.  Explored a most of the canals since the wind was really blowing on the lake.  Even caught 2 nice smallies under docks after lunch.   Water was 52-55 degrees.  Caught 5 pike and only gave them one jig.

t-bone

Fished with Capt Charlie on White. I had 10 bass, 4 keepers. Two were decent size 3 to 4lbers. All largemouth. had 4 pike as well, they were everywhere. I caught most of my fish on jerkbaits.  Vision 110 was getting it done, switched to a clankin rap and that made a difference. While waiting for the ramp to clear, I caught 3 bass in about 10 casts. That was a nice flurry.

Charlie had a handful of bass and couple pike, with a lot of followers.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

huston

Tjrock, I saw you guys coming in when I was launching at Harley Ensign. Your father was walking kind of stiff and said to mee he was going in for back surgery. Hope it all works out. I was in the green & gold Astro with my nephew. We went to the canals in Anchor Bay since I didn't want to deal with the wind and waves. We caught Largemouth and Rock Bass. It was my first time out and I was not sure about electronics, boat maintenance, etc.... also so I stayed around that area. I sure wish we had some good weather.

thedude

we ended up in a smaller local lake not far from my house. was going to do hardy but with the wind and muddy water, figured it was going to be more of a hassle than anything.

Showed up, hit a windy flat and smoked about a 15lb limit in the first 45 minutes. Moved around the lake and caugh fish sporadically here and there including a few nice ones. Went back the well a few times and got a few more. Good day all in all. several 4+ lb fish, probably 20-25 fish total including a nice walleye.

sunday i met a friend at "big lake" down south of town. we fished for a few hours and boated a few smaller fish, biggest was probably 2.5lbs. Normally this time of year i'm chucking traps or jerkbaits non-stop, but the jig bite has been on fire.  Nothing quite like the feeling of leaning back into a 5lber on a jig... love it.

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

t-bone

Here is the picture of my largest on White Lake - short but fat, the fish that is!

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

tjrock

Huston, Thanks for the well wishes for my dad. He goes in on the 18th for back surgery. He broke it in a car accident back in 1976 and they had to put two pins and a plate in it way back then and now he has two herniated discs and arthritis below where the pins and plate are. He said they are going to fuse it below the pins and plate and replace the two pins. Hopefully this works as he's already had about 25 injections and is on quite a few pain meds which don't seem to be helping much anymore. It sucks he retired 4 years ago and now can't enjoy it because he's in so much pain. I was glad he felt well enough to go out that day and actually catching a few nice smallies made it even better.