Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Chippewa Lake

Started by Big dreams, March 20, 2011, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

A little more than a year ago, I was heading home from Chippewa Lake as I was prefishing for my first league tournament.  That is when a  young, drug addicted, criminal pulled out in front of me as I was going 55 mph.  The accident was horrific.  The boat came off the trailer and skid down the road.  My stuck was also totaled.  Due to our first child being born, it was more responsible to spend the insurance money on a four door car for my wife rather than another boat. 

I am finally getting back into bass fishing with this year being my first year on a league (Wixom Lake Bass Anglers).  Our first tournament is...Chippewa Lake.  Needless to say, I have a pit in my stomach. 

I was wondering if anyone has any pointers for this lake as it is unlike river chains that I have fished with lots of cover.  Since Chippewa is a bowl with structure.

Another question I have is based off from fishing on the back as a non boater.  I was lucky to have someone offer me a spot on their boat and was wondering some basic techniques for folks on the back.

Lastly, I know it comes down to working something out with the boater but, how much should a non boater pay if I meet them at the ramp?  I don't want to under/over pay.  What are some reasonable prices to pay for this? 

Thanks,

BgD

macbass

big dreams when is your first tournament....maybe i can take you out on chippewa before then and show you around. i usually fish it 7 or 8 times a summer i have a place up by there and also fish 3 or 4 tournaments on it every summer just contact me either IM r give me a call...

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

fiker

WTG Macbass.  It's offers like that, that make this such a great forum. 

Members are always offering help and advice in one way or another.

Here's a tx fisherman willing to take a possible competitor out and show him around. 

Again, good for you.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

macbass

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Eric

I'll be at a tournament there opening day and the first Thursday.  Hopefully by then, I'll have a clue what's going on and will tell you everything I know.  But I won't remember (and I'm not even old like Denny) to get ahold of you, so it's on you to get ahold of me if it doesn't work out with him.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

macbass

oh thanks for that vote of old confidence there eric...i will see you saturday at wonderland i will be there after 1....give me a call 1 517 930 1632

oldjigger

Fishing can be good there, but I too was in an accident three years ago that could have been the end of my partner & me.  Maybe a good place to stay away from.  just kidding, still a good place to fish

fowlmouth

Big Dreams, where can I find info on your club. I've never heard of it but am interested, I've been wanting to join a club but don't want to fish the same 2 lakes every other week.

Big dreams

Wixom Lake Bass Anglers is a nice club and group of guys.  They fish Wixom, Chippewa, Sugar Springs, Secord, Smallwood, St. Helen, and the past few years Tomahawk which is a two day tournament since it is so far away.  I do not think they have a site however, I will talk to them about getting one.  I will get a contact number for you. 

I have fished two tournaments with them and it was a blast.

BgD

bassinman#1

Does Wixom bass club have a Web site, or a Ph# ?

Big dreams

I am checking with the President of the club to see about the website.  At the least, I will get the phone number.

BgD

Big dreams

A contact number is 989-246-0437 (John).  He will be able to answer any of your questions.

BgD

djkimmel

Love Tomahawk Creek though I mostly just catch a bunch of small bass. Never been on Chippewa. Yet...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.