Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What "Saying" Drives you crazey?

Started by Durand Dan, January 06, 2011, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Well I personally don't only judge people because of their spelling and grammar. I think it is very important too in many aspects of life in these 'civilized' times, but for the average participant on this website, I'd much rather they try to share their opinions and knowledge with bad spelling and grammar than not at all. Many are afraid to post more because of how they might be taken or treated.

I'd rather they share as best they can since this isn't running for office or applying for a job. I think anyone who doesn't use correct spelling or grammar might understand that some people might disregard them or not take them as seriously, but I respect that they still say what they have to say.

Why? Because I believe the most important thing we ALL should know is that listening and respecting each other first is more important ultimately than disagreement and disregard. I guarantee you if some good ole boy tells me in 'English' I can barely understand that thar's a big ole good 'un socked next ta yonder stump, I'm gonna go try to catch it regardless of how garbled the English or grammar was!

A big 'un is a big 'un no matter how you say it! One of the many things I love about fishing!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thedude

whats wrong with callin someone dude?
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

Quote from: thedude on January 28, 2011, 11:20:13 PM
whats wrong with callin someone dude?

Actually nothing as long as you're not on a job interview and "Mr." is in front of it.  Don't call me "Dude" as long as you're "thedude".   :P  

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Better than being called 'dud' anyway.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on January 08, 2011, 10:47:19 AM
"It is what it is".  I'm sooooo tired of that phrase.  Problem is, it's actually quite useful.  Any suggestions for a good replacement?

Well ...Im not gonna swing for the fence here, but.. back in the day .... there were a ton of dandy replacements for that phrase. I mean, like, just gag me with a spoon blah blah blah, they were just as bad as today !!!! Like , They used to say, "how we used to do it was ...... "  and that one got to me cause it implied that the best and only way to do something was the old way, but I guess every broke clock is right twice a day ? Whatevs. Like, yknow," I'll ring the operator to have her put me through to call your cell -  right  ??"    lol lol    ::)

Serious - My mom describing something sad said, " And the beauty part of it is .....".. just kills me.  There's NO beauty part of old aunt ginnie dying with a smile on her face and a locket in her hand mom !! She's dead  :o !! ugh. Im a scarred child.

Next sayings coming (dont say you werent forewarned):

1  Oh D !!

2  You got owned

3  You got pawned (or poned)

4  That lure is beast

5  "F&ck O$F" in place of "you're kidding me!" or "No way "

6  The lure is tank
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Durand Dan

Quote from: Mojo on January 29, 2011, 04:32:29 PM
Quote from: Victor Cerabone on January 08, 2011, 10:47:19 AM
"It is what it is".  I'm sooooo tired of that phrase.  Problem is, it's actually quite useful.  Any suggestions for a good replacement?

Well, back in the day there were a ton of dandy replacements for that phrase. They used to say, "how we used to do it is we ...... "    that one got to me cause it implies that the best and only way to do something was the old way. Like, yknow, I'll ring the operator to have her put me through to call your cell -  right  ??   lol lol    ::)

Serious - My mom describing something sad and uses, " And the beauty part of it is .....".. just kills me. 

Next sayings coming (dont say you werent forewarned):

Oh D !!

2  You got owned

3  You got pawned (or poned)

4  That lure is beast

5  "F&ck O$F" in place of "you're kidding me!" or "No way "

6  The lure is tank
Moj,
You are way too young to be saying "Back in the day"! ;D

Mojo

Quote from: Durand Dan on January 29, 2011, 04:40:29 PM
Moj,
You are way too young to be saying "Back in the day"! ;D

That first sentence I wrote was facetious comedy (At least I was laughing when I wrote it).
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

fiker

Going out on a limb here, but I think I"m too young to be saying back in the day.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

"It is what it is" can be replaced by "The facts are the facts".

BD.                               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

Quote from: fiker on January 30, 2011, 07:38:48 AM
Going out on a limb here, but I think I"m too young to be saying back in the day.

Rick, if you're over 50 you can say "Back in the day".  If your not over 50, but over 30, then you can say "In my younger years".   ;)

BD                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

EKennedy

"Well...Mr. Fike...at your age..."

I couldn't help myself, Rick.