Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:32:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Charging boat batteries while trailering... anyone?

Started by Waterfoul, January 23, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Had anyone got any experience with the Stealth products that allow you to charge your boat batteries while trailering your boat down the road?  I have several tournaments this season that are back to back to back which won't allow a lot of charging time.  If I could charge while driving down the road it would be awesome!

I looked here but there really isn't a lot of information, and no pricing.  Local Michigan dealers???

www.stealth1charging.com
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Dan

My buddy Don has a BassCat and the Stealth Charging System came with the boat new. I travelled with him for several years and the on the water charging with Stealth is phenomenal! Many trips to St. Clair or Erie after long runs back in to the ramp the batteries would be full. He would put the charger on at the motel, but really didn't need to.
He didn't have the trailering option to charge.
I was very impressed with Stealth and with its owner Danny. Danny came down to Cherokee Lake to fix an issue we had with the older unit. Danny drove two and a half hours one way to make sure Don was on the water the next day. He answers the phone when you call with a question and will literally walk you through any problem.
You get what you pay for many times, but trying to save money I bought a "Stay N Charge" system. I was never happy with it at all. Very difficult to get tech support or parts. I was, however,  happy with how fast the unit charged the batteries when I trailered it. I would drive from Interlochen to Baldwin and my batteries would be almost at full charge. Very fast!
I have to buy a new charging unit, because I'm trashing my Stay N Charge. I will definitely call Danny at Stealth and have one in my boat this spring.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

huston

Have you gave thought to a 12vdc inverter to 120 vac? If your boat has a battery charger on board, then powering it up with the inverter is an option when trailering. Also this type of set up allows for powering other 120vac gadgets. You just have to do the math about amps  and wire size etc...

MBell

The stealth on board charger is the best money I've spent on the boat.  The way you run on the great lakes, you really never need to plug in.  Having a full or close to full charge everytime you get to a new spot is great.  You can really get on the tm and not worry about the batteries.  It really helps in current when you burn the batteries fast.  IMO the trailering charger is not necessary if you have the on board.
-Matt

Waterfoul

Thanks Matt, that's what the kind of information I'm looking for.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MBell

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 24, 2011, 12:13:35 AM
Thanks Matt, that's what the kind of information I'm looking for.

Make sure you get the gauge, it's pretty cheap but nice to have.  Make sure you have some time when you call, that guy can talk for hours about those chargers.  Install was pretty easy, hardest part was making the jumper wires and finding a place to mount the thing.  I've actually been meaning to order the 120v charger, it mounts to the onboard charger and saves space.   Between all the jackplate and  powerpole pumps/controls and oil and batteries I need any room I can get.
-Matt

Waterfoul