Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Asian Carp Hearings Scheduled

Started by Durand Dan, January 19, 2011, 01:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

It recieved this communication today:

Dear Daniel,
I am writing to let you know about two upcoming public hearings on January 27 and February 3, being conducted by the Army Corps of Engineers, that impact our efforts to keep the Asian carp out of our Great Lakes. 
As you know, I have been leading the fight in Congress to stop the spread of Asian carp into our Great Lakes, calling for the closure of the locks between the Chicago waterway and Lake Michigan, and making sure that federal and state officials have all the tools and resources they need.  I have also been very vocal in calling on federal officials to implement a permanent ecological separation between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River basin, which I believe is ultimately the only solution that will truly safeguard our waters and stop the carp. 
In order to move forward with a permanent separation, the Army Corps must complete a study that explores options and technologies to help prevent the transfer of invasive species between the Great Lakes and Mississippi River basins.  The Asian carp issue is just one issue being looked at by the Army Corps in their "Great Lakes and Mississippi River Interbasin Study."  The Army Corps of Engineers is holding public meetings throughout the Great Lakes states, including two public meetings in Michigan, to help them determine the scope of the issues to be addressed in their study.  The Michigan meetings will be held on January 27 in Traverse City and February 3 in Ann Arbor.  Comments can also be submitted on-line until March 31, 2011.  To learn more about the public meetings or to register to speak at the hearings, you may visit the Interbasin Study website at: http://glmris.anl.gov/
It is my hope that the Army Corps hears how important this issue is to Michigan's lakes and our economy, and that they move forward quickly on their study so we can get to work separating the Great Lakes from the Mississippi River basin. 
As you know, the Great Lakes are part of our way of life in Michigan.  I will continue to fight to protect our most precious natural resources that are so important to our culture and our economy.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

mikesmiph

I got the same letter

Ditto, I plan to be at the one in Ann Arbor, anyone else?

fiker

I"ll go to the one in Ann Arbor, but where is it being held?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Durand Dan

Here is some more information. The meeting in Ann Arbor is:

•Feb. 3: Ypsilanti, Mich.; 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, 1275 S Huron St., Ypsilanti.

A more in-depth report at:

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media-Center/News-by-Topic/Wildlife/2011/01-13-11-New-data-demands-quicker-effort-to-keep-Asian-carp-out-of-Great-Lakes.aspx

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390