Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Michigan Recreation Passport

Started by Durand Dan, January 12, 2011, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

I sent a note to the DNR regarding the new Passport that you can purchase for $10 when you renew your license. My question was;

"Can I purchase the Passport prior to my birthday in August?"

I was happy to get this answer:

Good Afternoon,

From January 1, 2011 until your registration date in August you will get into the parks free of charge.  The park attendant will see that you were not yet given the opportunity to purchase a Passport with your registration since the program began on October 1, 2010 and will wave you through.  So in summary, you do not need to buy any sort of pass for entry into a State Park in 2011 until your next license renewal in August 2011.

Be sure to check "yes" on your vehicle registration in August of 2011!

Also check out our Recreation Passport Perks Program at www.michigan.gov/recreationpassport

I hope this helps but feel free to email back or call our helpline at the number listed below if you have any other questions.  Thank you!

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

huston

I was looking into that also, but my concern was boat launches and you can purchase a sticker at certain parks that would cover boat launches such as Harley Ensign, Clinton River cutoff and many more. The permit for these launches was $25.00 in the past.  How are they making any money to cover upkeep of launch sites if this $10.00 fee covers launch sites and state parks? The recreation pass would show on your vehicle registration but what about launch sites?????????????

Durand Dan

Quote from: huston on January 12, 2011, 03:37:28 PM
I was looking into that also, but my concern was boat launches and you can purchase a sticker at certain parks that would cover boat launches such as Harley Ensign, Clinton River cutoff and many more. The permit for these launches was $25.00 in the past.  How are they making any money to cover upkeep of launch sites if this $10.00 fee covers launch sites and state parks? The recreation pass would show on your vehicle registration but what about launch sites?????????????
It's the full recreation passport for launches and parks for $10. Until your birthday, as long as it wasn't after 10/1/10, you get to use everything for free. On your licese renewal the sticker will have a "P" on it for permit. They figure to make more money on the volume of people who will add it  just because it's a deal!
Heres a link to all the sites that are covered

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_55798-247965--,00.html

dartag

Dan is right I heard the same thing from the DNR couple weeks ago at a meeting about moving the union lake boat launch.  They said they were real low on funds because the old Gov would not let them advertise it.  That is why you have not seen anything about it on TV or radio.  same thing with the Pure Michigan money.  It is back i hear.    I got my renewals last week and there is a note in there telling you about it.   

mikesmiph

Its a great thing. I got mine on the little truck on 10-1. It was my dads truck, so I could wait. Saves us all about $40 a year.

djkimmel

I'll definitely get it on my truck and car for 2011!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LipRip

sweet! i'm all good till august too!

Eric

I renewed in December.  I just found out that everyone was good for 2011 until you renewed last week.  So had I known a month ago, I could have saved $15.  Pretty sure I could avoid fee ramps and State Parks for the last two weeks of 2011.  Shucks.  Oh well, I'm sure the DNR could sure use my money.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Durand Dan

Quote from: Eric on January 13, 2011, 09:01:04 AM
I renewed in December.  I just found out that everyone was good for 2011 until you renewed last week.  So had I known a month ago, I could have saved $15.  Pretty sure I could avoid fee ramps and State Parks for the last two weeks of 2011.  Shucks.  Oh well, I'm sure the DNR could sure use my money.
Eric,
You had to renew on your birthday after 10/1/2010. So if your birthday was in Dec. you had to pay the $10

huston

I didn't get the renewal in my registration package last year so on my way to the Ultimate fishing show in Novi  last night, I passed the Maybury State Park on Beck Road and went in. I purchased the sticker from them for $10.00 and was happy as you know what. That is one item off the list of things to do. Next is licenses. I'm retired now and can't wait until the season.

Bender

So you can buy the sticker after the renewal for $10? That's pretty good.

Anybody know what they are doing for out of state people? Last October I went to a state park and the woman was confused about the new program and didn't know of annual passes were available. I ended up paying 7 or 8 bucks to go fish for a couple of hours.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Skulley

I contacted the DNRE about getting one to cover me from January to August 2011 which is when my birthday is.  They told me that I get to use all the boat launches and state parks that have required a sticker in the past for free.  When August comes and I have to renew my tabs, I will be checking yes so that I may continue to use the launches and parks through August 2012.  They also told me that if you don't buy the pass with your vehicle registration, that beyond 2011 the parks and the launches can sell them for what they want to charge per the new law which could make the pass cost upwards of $15 if purchased at a park or launch.  So anyone who opts out will eventually have to pay.  Also the indication that you have the recreational pass will be located on the vehicle registration and on the sticker that is on the license plate.  It will be at the top of the sticker and will be the letter "r" or "rp" or "p" or something like that.

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Bender on January 15, 2011, 01:51:30 AM
So you can buy the sticker after the renewal for $10? That's pretty good.

Anybody know what they are doing for out of state people? Last October I went to a state park and the woman was confused about the new program and didn't know of annual passes were available. I ended up paying 7 or 8 bucks to go fish for a couple of hours.

Hmmmmmm  I'm wondering the same thing.

Skulley

Out of state people can purchase a sticker for their vehicle on line or at the park or launch entrance.

BD.                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com