Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 07:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Cyberwarfare is real (just ask me)

Started by djkimmel, November 19, 2010, 02:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I felt like I was at war for a while there with all the hackers and spammers trying to get on the site. Things have been much quieter since I tweaked my changes a third time. The twerps are slowly making headway again in their efforts to circumvent my efforts. Slowly. Much better than before and I have helped identify a whole bunch more spammer/bots to the spam protection community as a whole thanks to a trap I have installed on the site.

But this is bigtime compared to what I've been through - an Internet worm designed probably to attack an entire countries nuclear program!! There are some scary smart computer people out there!!

From Aol News

Was Stuxnet Worm Designed to Wreck Iran's Nukes?

by Theunis Bates Contributor

(Nov. 19) -- Experts analyzing a powerful computer worm that may have been designed to slow Iran's nuclear program have discovered the malicious bug was programmed in a way that could cause nuclear-fuel centrifuges to self-destruct.

Since its discovery by a Belorussian anti-virus firm this summer, the Stuxnet worm has been found on some 44,000 computers worldwide, 60 percent of which are located in Iran. (Just 1,600 are in the U.S.) But the exact purpose of the world's first so-called cyberwarfare super-weapon -- a digital program designed to destroy a real-world target -- has puzzled experts.

Read entire article on Aol News

They say this bad dude may have knocked out a satellite!! Pretty awesome unless you are the owner of the Indian satellite.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Who ever that guy is, I hope he's on our side.    8)

BD                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

What gets me is that people really don't think this stuff is real.  Snopes or not, it is real.  Very real.  I have read hundreds, maybe thousands of articles, blogs, and other info about cyber warfare and how real it actually is.  These terrorists, for lack of a better word, fight a war in a different way.  No one gets killed, but a lot of people get hurt.  Innocent people just like you and I.  Just people that go to work every day and have families.  These people steal your identity and anything else they can.  You have to be more careful now than you ever did.  That is why good virus protection as well as a good firewall are very important for all those who are users.  They will use a website like this to invade any of our privacy that they can.  I am happy that DK has taken the extra precautions to protect this website, which in turn protects us.  As I said, steal our identities, our money, our lives.  That is what technology has brought to us.  That is why when someone hijacks a personal electronic device, a laptop, an identity, etc., it should not be taken lightly.  I have had my identity stolen, my bank account tampered with, as well as many other things attempted at me.  Thank God for identity theft protection.  I have it and pay for it.  It has paid off.  It stopped these "thugs" from stealing my money and identity. I also have good virus and firewall protection on my desktop, my laptop, and my iPhone now.  I had my iPhone hijacked not too long ago.  It ended up being worse than I thought.  My iPhone had a virus.  I had to go to AT&T and have it fixed.  They sent me to the Apple Store at Novi.  It was a good thing I had paid extra for the Apple Care.  They (Apple Store) completely erased my iPhone and reloaded it.  That was the only way to save it.  Someone on this sight that I contacted thought it was a joke.  I won't mention any names, but you know who you are.  Until you have had it happen to you, don't make any statements you can not back up.  Especially if you don't work in this industry such as myself and many others that are on this board that understand what this is all about.  Technology works in very strange ways and keeps vicious company.  Company that doesn't know who you are or even care for that matter.  They just want your money, your identity, or whatever else they can get.

My advice to anyone is to update your virus protection and firewall protection often.  Set it up so that it takes the updates automatically.  I have built thousands of computers for my job as well as my friends and the first thing I always do is recommend a good firewall as well as a good virus protection program.  I just built a machine recently for a very good friend of mine and because he took my advice "lightly", the cyber terrorists got to his machine, stole his identity, and cleaned out his bank account as well as other investments and pretty much eradicated his life.  He is still going through a lot and it will take him at least three months to clean up the mess.  The bank protected him so that he was able to get his money back, but he is still having issues.  This has been going on for at least six weeks now.  All he would have had to do is spend a little extra money for good virus protection and a good firewall.  Whats that old saying, "An ounce of prevention could save......................."  I don't know how the rest goes, but I hope all of you GLBass.com family have what you need to protect yourselves.  I can not stress enough how important that is.  Okay then, enough editorializing.  Any one interested in any recommendations I can give to you to protect yourself in your online life, please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to help and make recommendations to protect yourselves.

I have another quick story.  I have a friend who is one of the parents on my son's soccer team.  He has an iPhone 4.  His has been hacked and or hijacked and is sending out email and text messages.  He hasn't been able to stop this yet.  I keep getting emails from him regarding Canadian pharmacy prescription drugs.  It gets sent to my iPhone as well as my private email accounts.  Others we know have been getting the emails and texts from him also.  He finally called me and asked me to help.  I went to his house and cleaned up his PC.  His iPhone is a different subject.  He will be going to the Apple Store today to fix that part of the problem.  It is a good thing he bought the Apple Care Plan when he purchased his phone.  That is going to save him about $500.  So spending $100 on Apple Care paid off for him. 

So protect yourselves people.  I can not again stress enough how important that is.  To all of you who read this that are part of the GLBass.com family, heed my warning.  Protect yourselves.  Spare no expense.

BD                         ;D 

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I have 4 persons right now who keep sending me garbage email with bad links. I've tried to let them know they have been hacked. At least three of them have lost control of their computers because it is apparent it is more than an email account issue.

Maybe I could track down the centrifuge virus guy and hire him for a few easy jobs?? I can definitely think of some spammers I'd have him take out (you heard me, nikeshoes guy!!! Burnt toast!).

MadWags

Hey! What do you say we start a company?
Dog? DK?
Let's do this.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on November 25, 2010, 08:45:17 AM
Hey! What do you say we start a company?
Dog? DK?
Let's do this.

Sounds good Wags.  I am in!!!

BD                    ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on November 25, 2010, 11:13:59 PM
DK Dogs Spam Killers?!?

Sounds good to me.

BD                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Got Fish??

DK DOGSPAM? Is that what's in that stuff? I thought it was ham or some kind of meat byproduct or something.

djkimmel