Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 State Championship

Started by jcox7, December 14, 2010, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jcox7

After negotiating with several differnet areas and tourism branches the TBF of Michigan is finally ready to announce the location of the 2011 State Championship.

The State Championship will take place for the first time  on a Saturday, June 4th at Houghton Lake.  It will be put on by the Houghton Lake Visitors Bureau.  This years championship will be like no other the whole experince will be taken to new levels and it should be exciting.  

The Houghton Lake area will be rolling out the "red carpet" for us so now all we need to do is show up.  There will be more updates soon on our webpage.  Or if you have any questions I am sure they can be answered here.

Thanks
Jeff Cox

djkimmel

Caseville sounded intriguing but I think it's nice to not have both federations on the same body of water. Houghton Lake on June 4th will mean a ton of keepers caught. The winner will have to find several 3-pounders.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

I think its a fantastic choice. I love the area. There are lots of nice bass in the lake. I know all the best places to eat, sleep and party. I cant wait. Already made my reservations.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LGMOUTH

Yes it is a great choice. Nice area and a nice big lake with lots of fish. It should be a good time. I plan on being there.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

djkimmel

jcox7

This year the Bass Federation will be working with the Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute on a project to study, evaluate and develop a set of best practices for tournament anglers for preventing the spread of Invasive Species.
We are inviting members of this group to attend our TBF State Championship.
When they attend, they will be there to pass out literature on invasive species and they will  speak to our group for about 15 minutes at the banquet, friday night. The rest of their mission will be to observe the event and help us determine a set of best practices and practical solutions to help our anglers stop the spread of invasive species.

We think this will be a valuable tool for all of our state federation members and we would encourage you to take advantage of the program.

If you are not fishing the State Championship and would like to come to the banquet and hear the discussion just let me know so that I can add you to the dinner meal numbers.

markgoetsch

Is there a hotel that most people plan on staying at?  Did the federation get any discounts?  Also what launch is it going out of?

mikesmiph

The place I stay at up there is called The Riviera, 989-366-5122. They have quite a few rooms available. They also have a 2.5 acre locked lot for the boats. The only issue I'm working on with them is electricity. We may have to take turns with charging. They are checking on it, and will get back with me. Its a very nice place to stay, and very resonable.

mikesmiph

As it stands right now, they can plug in 6 boats at a time. If they get more reservations, they will supply more electricity for us.

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

mikesmiph

jcox7

We do have a host hotel up there also we have a host camp ground.  Both are giving nice discounts and they are sending me all the info early next week.  The Hotel is on the Lake and we will be having meetings and weigh ins on the property.  The visitor committee is working on the launch that will best serve everyones needs I understand there are two large launches it sounded to me like they will have us us the one Mid Lake all this is being sorted out at a Board Meeting that happens I believe Monday and I will have a ton of info to send out after all this happens.  Thanks for being so intrested and let everyone know about this years championship.  We would like it to be one of the biggest ever to do so we need to have around 70 boats and I do not see why we cant achieve that goal with a lot of help from all!!!

Thanks
Jeff Cox

Also you can see some info about the TBF open series on face book just search TBF Open Series and check out the info and pass it on to all your friends

Waterfoul

Cool Jeff.  Thanks for the information.  See if you can get the camp ground to o.k. single night stays.  Many do not allow single night stays on weekends.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

tjrock

Is the date for the championship June 4th or 11th? I Was looking on the Bass Boys home page and it said the 11th. I just want to make sure on the date before I put in for vacation time at work. Also, what's the name of the host camp ground?

djkimmel

Quote from: tjrock on January 24, 2011, 05:13:10 PM
Is the date for the championship June 4th or 11th? I Was looking on the Bass Boys home page and it said the 11th. I just want to make sure on the date before I put in for vacation time at work. Also, what's the name of the host camp ground?

That's my fault. Typo or something. I had it right on the state championship page and fixed the 'home' page - www.greatlakesbass.com/bassboys/

Waterfoul

State Championship is the 4th of June.

tjrock

Does anyone know the name of the host campground?

jcox7

TJ
Sorry it has taken the host community a little longer to put together all the discounts and stuff.  They are working on it and we will have it all to release very soon.  I promise.....As soon as I have it all ready I will send many emails out and I will also ask Dan to post it on here the proper way.

Thanks for the extra time and I hope you and everyone unederstands

Waterfoul

So Jeff... is it done yet?

How about now?

Now?