Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Pray with me Great Lakes Bass.com

Started by Mike S., November 16, 2010, 07:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I just finished the long task of installing my new side imaging unit on the Nitro.  What a job.  It's just a tad bit more involved than a normal unit, so I found out.  Anyways, tomorrow after work, it's off to Muskegon Lake to try her out.  So, pray with me that I mounted that God foresaken transducer right.  And that the silicone filled the holes that I poked in the transom to mount the transducer.  And that my motor doesn't blow up because I spent a big chunk of change on that unit.

And, thanks to Cy and Eric for shooting me pics of their boats for reference on mounting the transducer.  That was a big help guys.  I was really hoping that one of your boats was similar to mine on the bottom and transom.

Tomorrow, I'll fill everyone in on my success/failure.  Wish me luck. ???

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Firefighter Jeff

<~~~~~~~  Has fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you Mike  !!!!  lololol

Eric

Or if you didn't do a good job, your boat will sink wand we will never hear from you again. :D  If you do sink and perish, could you please do it about 100 yards west of the woodpile.  Need more stuff to fish in that area. 8)  Thanks.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mike S.

Quote from: Eric on November 17, 2010, 02:54:52 PM
Or if you didn't do a good job, your boat will sink wand we will never hear from you again. :D  If you do sink and perish, could you please do it about 100 yards west of the woodpile.  Need more stuff to fish in that area. 8)  Thanks.

Thanks, Eric.  Sure, I'll add to the clutter that I saw on the bottom near the wood pile.  That was my second waypoint.  But, I have alot of interference in my picture.  I am going to have to fine tune the transducer.  I went to Sportfisherman's and had one of their guys look at it today.  It was free!  He says that I have it too low, and I need to raise it up a bit.  I have tomorrow off, so that will be one of my tasks.  It does work, however.  I just see alot of bubbles moving down my screen.  I'll get it.  I had a feeling that I wasn't done with it, so I'm not too upset about it.  I have until spring to finger it out.

Oh, by the way, Eric, I have a tip from a diver about some structure on Muskegon that is supposedly full of bass quite often.  When I find it, I may just share with you......if you ever fish MY lake again!

Firefighter Jeff

Thank goodness it works Mike.  My eyes were killing me and I was starting to get cramps in my toes.  lololol  Hmmm with that fine piece of electronics on your boat, maybe I'll have to take you out on YOUR boat to fish Hamlin next summer.  lololol

Genie

Did I share a woodpile with someone?  Can I see the new structure?
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

Quote from: Genie on November 17, 2010, 08:45:44 PM
Did I share a woodpile with someone?  Can I see the new structure?

Sure can. If or when I find it, I will share with you. It's only fair. If it makes you feel any better, I won't let anybody know about the woodpile. Will be our secret. But, I'm going to try to figure this transducer mess out right now, and I'm going to slide the boat in the water after I drop the kids off at school this morning. Hopefully, I will be able to find what I'm looking for. If I do, I'll let you know.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

I moved my transducer to a different spot on the transom this morning in hopes of clearing up the images on my screen.  It worked!!!  My si unit works like a dream.  Didn't get to do much exploring, which means I didn't get to find the secret structure I was looking for.

The only problem I am having now is that the unit is so big, it slowed my boat down.  Last summer I was out with a buddy of mine and a hand held gps, which said we went 62.  Today, my new Humminbird pooped on me and said 58.2.  That sucks.  So, I blame it on the weight of the unit, not the boat.  Oh well, the si doesn't work at high speed anyways.

Eric

Genie, I heard about you doing that once.  But I also think the person you shared it with would never take others to someplace you were kind enough to share with them.  This must be some wood pile near 2nd street that he is talking about.  8)  Mike, that wood is our little secret, right.   ;D
www.BassinWithEric.com

Mike S.

I haven't even told my dad about that. Secret's safe here. There's no fish in that lake anyway.

TCook

That wood pile sounds familure, didnt know that many guys fished it. No wonder why I cant catch good fish on it anymore...
FISH HARD!!!

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI

Eric

Nope Tim, not that one either.  Maybe I'm not even talking about the same lake you guys are. ???
www.BassinWithEric.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.