Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Good Weekend

Started by McCarter, November 15, 2010, 09:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Skulley

I guess it was!!            :o                    ;D

BD                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Geez... that's a big tail!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

I do not see any pictures?

Hooksetter

Nice! It looks like your home lake is really on right now.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Quote from: Team houston on November 16, 2010, 06:59:10 AM
I do not see any pictures?

They are there. Maybe where you are looking at it from is blocking traffic from photobucket.com?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

What did you catch them on?

McCarter

1/4 oz naughty craw nemesis jig with a watermelon red zoom super chunk jr trailer.  Lost 2 that felt good too.  Wierd bite that morning.  When i got a hook in them they would rocket towards the boat.  Couldnt catch up to em in time.  The naughty craw really seems to work good in colder water.  I dont know why.  Maybe the craws get lighter when it gets cold?

djkimmel

I believe that does happen on some lakes. Bet that jig isn't naughty anymore!?!

McCarter

Make no mistake, its naughty all day everyday

VinceR

Kent Lake? Saturday morning?

McCarter

Firefighter Jeff

OUTSTANDING fish  !!!!!  Man I bet they tugged.  Nice job  !!!

McCarter

the largie put up a good fight for about ten seconds.  he pulled quite a bit of line on the first run, then kinda bulldawged under the boat for a few seconds, then it kinda just swam up to the surface and layed there.

the smallmouth was a trainwreck.  i was actually surprised i got the fish in the boat.  as cold as it was, that fish went airborn a good 4 or 5 times and made a couple good runs.  i used the net on that one.

Im going back out this weekend.  Hoping they will be on a jerkbait better than they have, but i aint complaining if they only want to eat the jig.  just wish they made super burner reels with a 9.1:1 gear ratio the way the smallmouth have been running at the boat.

my best 5 that day would have went 20 or a little better but that was with the other fish going 3 lbs.  im guess at least one of the smallmouth i lost was another tank like the 4.69 in the pic and the other one might have been good too.  didnt really get a chance to feel that one much. 

only landed the one smallmouth that day.  the rest were largies.  once they sun came up it was pretty much over.  tho i did get a few more bites throughout the day and either hooked up breifly and lost em or swung and missed. 

hopefully i will be better rested this saturday although i do have to work all night friday again and will hit the lake immediatly after work.  i think i can do 23-25 lbs out there if everything falls into place.  i have done 22 and change according to my xtools grip n weigh when it was new.

that thing is no good anymore.  i weighed the big largie on it and it went 2 lbs 10 oz.  luckily my buddy was out there with a berkley tec scale.  anyone else have one of those?

McCarter himself :-\'

Redbone

I Xtool scale is about 4 years old. (I think).  I dont trust it anymore either. If it dont have it perfectly upright when you turn it on it gives you false readings.  I keep it in the boat incase its really needed. But I dont trust it all the time.

VinceR

Quote from: McCarter on November 16, 2010, 09:32:31 PM
yes and yes

I passed by there Saturday morning, on the way to the Gun and Knife Show in Novi. When I saw a bassboat out there, I thought about you. It was about 9:30.

Nice fishies!

Firefighter Jeff

My brother has the x-tool weigh scale and he has had problems with it also.  I have two different digital scales.  They seem to work for the most part.  Why can't they come out with one that is more accurate??  I'd be willing to spend 50 to 100 bucks for one.  Maybe even one that you could calibrate.  Say 15lbs. 

Is it a fall thing with the smallies running for the boat?  I seemed to notice the same thing last fall on St. Clair.

Is Kent the one beside 94???  It looked pretty nice from what I could see from the road.

McCarter

Kent is next to I96 between I275 and US23.  The highway actually goes right over top of it. 

I have heard good things about the Cul-m-rite scales but they are $200 or maybe even more.  i have a $15 balance beam that works fine.  i think i am going to try the berkley tec scale tho.  i cant justify spending $200 on a scale.

McCarter himself :-\'

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.