Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fall Tourny question

Started by Baybass, November 03, 2010, 12:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baybass

Why are there no Fall Tournys on Saginaw Bay?  I have only been fishing the Bay for a few years and am wondering if there were Fall Tournys in the past.  I fish it often in the fall and while not the spring bite it is very good. 

McCarter

good question, my guess at an answer is because most people enjoy living ;) 

McCarter himself :-\'

Baybass

I thought living was chasing little brown fish in 5' waves  ;)...When I wrote the question that is kinda what I thought.  Does seem like the fall is rougher and more unpredictable than the spring.  In the fall I find myself sticking close in more (North Island, Tawas Bay, and Channel island at the mouth of the river) but still increadible fishing closer in. 

McCarter

im just messing around, tho that lake scares the crap out of me.  been there twice and both times it was ridiculously bad.  but that was in the late spring.  cant imagine it out there this time of year.  good luck and be safe is you make it out.

McCarter himself :-\'

Baybass

Will do, and I think I am done out there for this season, cause now the water temp is below 50 and the tridge is on fire! 

djkimmel

It is the weather mostly and so many anglers do not like to go there when it is rough. Fall is kind of scary around all that shallow stuff and the Bay can fish small (or seem to) in many areas when it is too rough for many to make a run. Fall tournaments have been sparse over the years, but with some big, memorable weights that get people thinking.

I have broke more things there than anywhere else, but I do like fishing many parts of the bay for smallmouth and largemouth. Been a while since I've been there. I want to go back just to fish for fish, but I only want to go usually when I can pick my days and those days don't include 5-footers! Kind of a pain to drive that far just to fish Beadle Bay. But I've done it. More than once.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.