Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

White deer

Started by Dan, October 24, 2010, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Piebald, albino, white deer, whatever you want to call these, they are unusual and pretty cool. Took this picture Friday at about six oclock.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MIBassKid

These look like albinos, pure white coat. Piebalds are mostly one color with patches of the other. Either way, this is pretty awesome! Hard to tell from this picture, was it a doe with two fawns?

fasttrack

Very cool! Never seen one in the wild myself, but there used to be one running around here in Byron Center area. Another weird one: I know a guy who shot a buck on the next street over with a basketball stuck in his rack a few years ago. That must have looked odd coming thru the woods!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Dan

These deer have been in the same area for a number of years now. We see various combinations and there use to be a buck or two. Last  year there were two does that I regularly saw. One was mostly white with a small brown spot. One of the does had a natural colored fawn and a white one. This year I haven't been up to the cabin much so I haven't been able to see them very often.
I was heading back to my cabin and had a load of my brothers friends  in the truck along with my brother. I told them we often saw these deer in this area and my brother turned and started scanning the woods and then sure enough spotted the doe. I stopped dead in the road and then saw she had one fawn with her. They weren't concerned about us in the least and walked across the road right in front  of us. As they move to the left side of the road we saw the other fawn and that's when I took the camera back from my brother and took the picture that I attached. On my blog, I have more shots that I took last year. I have all the months archived on my site, but really don't remember which month I posted them. I believe it was last summer 09.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."