Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF of Michigan State Team Threepeats on Patoka!!!

Started by djkimmel, September 10, 2010, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Just in from TBF of Michigan president Jeff Cox, thanks to one fish weighed in by the last possible Michigan TBF state team member, Michigan comes back to win their 3rd TBF Northern Divisional Championship in a row!!!! Congratulations!! No complete results yet, but it was by about 2 pounds!

The Indiana angler who had weighed in the only limits the first 2 days only brought in 2 fish, but another Indiana team member brought in over 14 pounds to make up for it. Still, the Michigan state team brought in enough team fish to make up yesterday's 1 1/2 pound deficit and get the comeback win!!

GreatLakesBass.com member Don Watts (LGMOUTH) weighed two keepers today to keep the overall 2nd place finish and will represent TBF of Michigan at the national championship as the boater. Kendall Ulsh kept his 2nd place spot on the Michigan team and will represent Michigan as the nonboater.

Complete results will be available later on TBF Inc's bassfederation.com web site results page.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Great job.....Congrats...

I want to make one of these teams in a bad way....

djkimmel

It has always been fun when I've been that fortunate.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jcox7

Well I just got home and have a flight out of town to NYC on Sept 11 at 9am I believe I am crazy but oh well.....

The tournament was amazing first I would like to thank Dan for keeping everyone up to date also thanks for the good woeds of encouragment it is cool knowing people are waching how we were doing.

The fishing was about as tough as I have ever fished.  You fish for like two or three bites a day which seems boring BUT in this lake when you get bit it truley is likely to be a hog.  I seen so many 4 plus pound fish caught this last week it was cool.

We did pull it out and no one knew who the winning team was going to be but when they announced Indiana was second place you could hear a pin drop until we all just started laughing I beleive that none of us thought we were going to pull it off and yet once again we did.  Michigan really has a great name out there all the other states really do respect the run we are having and it is fun.  I hope all of you who read this really think about being a part of this.  Last year Mark Snyder who has won so much in the sport said that winning the divisional was the coolest and most fun thing he has ever done in fishing the way the team aspect comes into play is just amazing, well the smile on his face again this year shows me he still feels the same way.

If any of you know any members of the team ask them about the TBF and I would be willing to bet they would all tell you it is something every angler in our state needs to be involved in.  Heck you can be part of the DYNASTY!!

On another front it was announced that there is a new grant for the Northern States through Sea Grant that is going to allow us to do a study on how better to stop the transporting of invasive species through tournament anglers.  So be looking for some new studies being done by our own Michigan TBF next year at local tournament trails.

Thanks
Jeff Cox

FOB

Congratulations to Don, Kendal, and the rest of the Michigan TBF team.  Job well done.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Team houston

Great job guys. Don and Kendal get ready, FLW outdoors treats you like a king at those National events.

Waterfoul

As a member of the Team, I would like to thank all the other Team members, I had a GREAT time and even managed to catch a few fish to add to the cause.

Patoka Lake is one of the toughest places I've ever fished.  But, like Jeff Cox said... every bite has the potential to be an absolute toad so you keep fishing and fishing and fishing.  I made more casts in the last week than I've made in the last year!! But in the end it was all worth it.  Standing on stage with my Teamates as Champions made the whole week worth it.  It really was a team effort, the Michigan Team was the only team in the event that had every angler catch at least one keeper to weigh in.  I think that speaks volumes about the quallity of angler here in Michigan.  If the other teams had done the same, the results may have been different.

I would also encourage all of you to make the effort to be on this team in the future.  It's a lot of fun, and the competition is fierce. 

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

edyer

Quote from: Waterfoul on September 12, 2010, 10:26:22 AM
As a member of the Team, I would like to thank all the other Team members, I had a GREAT time and even managed to catch a few fish to add to the cause.

Patoka Lake is one of the toughest places I've ever fished.  But, like Jeff Cox said... every bite has the potential to be an absolute toad so you keep fishing and fishing and fishing.  I made more casts in the last week than I've made in the last year!! But in the end it was all worth it.  Standing on stage with my Teamates as Champions made the whole week worth it.  It really was a team effort, the Michigan Team was the only team in the event that had every angler catch at least one keeper to weigh in.  I think that speaks volumes about the quallity of angler here in Michigan.  If the other teams had done the same, the results may have been different.

I would also encourage all of you to make the effort to be on this team in the future.  It's a lot of fun, and the competition is fierce. 

Congrats to the team! Mike, you've come a long way in your fishing over the past four years. I'm sure you will be a contender in the future too.