Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 CBAA Big Ten Championship back on St. Clair

Started by djkimmel, September 07, 2010, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: hootjr on September 18, 2010, 10:40:42 AM
I think I should be available to help. How does this work they fish and I just lend my boat and drive them around?

You will hear from two anglers from one of the schools who will fish with you both days.

Saturday is a practice day. You can help the kids if they want with fishing spots and suggestions. You drive the boat. They can run the trolling motor if they want and can handle it. Most of them have done that before but you can make sure your boat is safe.

Sunday, you still drive and the kids will say where they'd like to fish.

Limited to Michigan waters only. There will be a map of open waters from the Detroit River part way to part way up the St. Clair River. Most of the fishing happens between the Mile Roads and Anchor Bay.

Most of the anglers are staying at the Victory Inn on Gratiot. You can meet the kids there or work out meeting them at the ramp. We are launching at Harley Ensign.

Please help if you can. Please confirm on here if you will help and PM your name and contact information to MIBassKid (Luke Baker) on here so they can add you to the list of available boaters and assign a team to you. It will be random assignment so you could end up with any of the schools attending.

There will be a banquet - location and time to be announced as soon as I know. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MIBassKid

Still need a few boat volunteers guys. Help a brotha out! Thanks Dan for helping with recruiting.

djkimmel

No prob. I'm still waiting to hear back from one boater. Need a few more! MIBassKid, are you getting all the names and contact information over to Cameron? Who will tell us more details? Cameron? Troy?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MIBassKid

Once we have all of the boaters I will post all the details on GLB and I think Cameron will be sending out an email with details on where we are staying and information about banquet, launch, practice day what not.

River Rat

Should this get copied and/or moved to the General board where more people will see, and read it?!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

djkimmel

Not sure if it would make a big difference? It has been viewed 714 times. I think I linked it on facebook, twitter and over on lakestclair.net. Just really tough to get people to volunteer for anything nowadays for various reasons. I'll post some reminder notices linked to here in a few places again. Thanks for keeping it alive Scott.

Jighead

Dan,

I left Cameron Kortes a voicemail on Tuesday explaining that I won't be able to do this afterall. I hate like heck volunteering and then backing out two weeks before hand, but I really have to. I was contacted on Saturday about doing a guide trip that weekend and I just had to take it.

If it was earlier in the season when I knew I had some time to make up for a missed trip I would pass on it and honor my commitment to help out with this tournament. But it's late in the season, money is getting short, and I have to take any calls that I can get.

I apologize for backing out, but I really need to take the money when I can get it. I hope everyone will understand.

Doug Cummings
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

djkimmel

djkimmel

From Outdoor Quote of the Day from Outside Hub.com:

"We have the responsibility to spend time outdoors so that we can pass our learning's onto our children. If we do not empower the generations of tomorrow with a bond to the outdoors then we have forgotten about what really matters." - OutsideHub Team

djkimmel

Just heard from Mike Broge at MikesRxBaits.com and he is going to help as a boater too! Thanks a lot Mike!!

If you haven't checked out his web site before, he has a huge supply of quality and hard to find bass lures in his pharmacy bass store and online including those HOT C-Flash crankbaits that many of the top anglers are using to crank up huge smallies on St. Clair (and also to win the recent fall DK Open on White Lake). Check out MikesRxBaits.com.

I'm going to have to since I broke one of my C-Flash's on White Lake. Don't slap balsa crank baits on the water!!

Bass_Cat

Hi Dan,

Didn't see my name on the list but I volunteered for this back in August when someone called me. I may be doing the weigh-in again too.

Mark Hill

djkimmel

Not personal. I don't have any lists back from the various schools so I only know who has posted here or told me themselves. I so want everyone who takes the time to help to get public thanks so I will add you to the list later today. Anyone else I don't know about just send me a PM and I will gladly add you to the list. THANKS!!

River Rat

Quote from: djkimmel on September 25, 2010, 01:56:04 PM
Not personal. I don't have any lists back from the various schools so I only know who has posted here or told me themselves. I so want everyone who takes the time to help to get public thanks so I will add you to the list later today. Anyone else I don't know about just send me a PM and I will gladly add you to the list. THANKS!!

Um... What if my alter ego, Billy Bad Bass, shows up and is in rare form?!  I don't think we should recognize, especially publicly, his evil self!  (And I'm not even PUI'ing yet!) ;D

Scott... Or am I........

djkimmel

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

River Rat

I was not expecting that response but enjoyed it very much!!

MIBassKid

Alright guys we have less than a week and we still need a few boats. We need to make this happen, especially if we ever want to bring this event back to Michigan.

mjm6

Dan - I have tried to sign up for Sat (only) and have had no luck -- can be there if-in u guys need me.
Regards
Mike Mc

River Rat

Has anyone beat down the doors @ Wonderland?  What about their customers?

Scott

djkimmel

Quote from: mjm6 on September 27, 2010, 04:42:37 PM
Dan - I have tried to sign up for Sat (only) and have had no luck -- can be there if-in u guys need me.
Regards
Mike Mc

I believe I have 1 boater who can only do Sunday. Maybe you can take his team out Saturday if you can only do Saturday? I can ask. Thanks!