Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Interesting Lake = White Lake

Started by Mojo, June 20, 2010, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Lets talk a minute about this lake ? Eric and I had about 3 hrs on it - both new to it, and found the structure - bottom river and flats very attractive. Fish were fairly good to us considering post frontal blue bird conditions and 85 degrees by 10 am.

Is this a high pressured lake ? Anyone have a good rhythm on it ? What worked best for you ? WE did well with top water, small drop shots next to docks and boats, and some blow ups on the lilly pads. Where is the strongest part of the lake for smallies this time of the year ? We worked the 17 mph wind blown side of the lake (East) where the current went from strong to slow, 18 fow up to 7 fow flats.

Lets talk White lake  ......  ;D
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

McCarter

which white lake you talking about, Willis?

McCarter himself :-\'

thedude

hopefully not the one on the west side since its illegal to drop shot there ;)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

My intuition tells me he's talking the one in Oakland County. Same side of the state he's from...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

thats what i figured but the river comment threw me off.

Got Fish??

Your pattern on that day was your best bet for this time of year. The sunken island northeast of ramp is best bet for smallies. When days get long and hot, you must go deep.

McCarter

that lake is where i first fished deep, at least for me at the time.  20-26 fow with texas rigged madman craws.  oh boy did we used to catch some big largies.  it really is a sweet lake.  i wish i could get out there more.  fishing out there this past spring reminded me of how much i like that lake.

Mojo

It is the oakland co White Lake - We had a strong West wind and when you go that way the bottom acted like a funnel - so we drifted like a river until it came up from 18 fow to 7. Kinda neat to read the lake like that. Anyway - keep the ideas coming, we may go back in the fall.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dartag

great lake with big fish there.   there were a few 15 lb bags turned in last year in a 3 hour event.  they run a tuesday night event out of the marina there.  20.00 a boat live bait allowed.  it was a popular NBAA lake but there are not as many this year.   Cheetam and I fished there last fall and really got on the with Jigs.  Lunch at the Inn is great also. ( I like lunch )

SethV

I have only been over there 2 times.  Fantastic lake - found that you could catch them on about anything early, but once the sun got up we found a smokin dock bite.  It is a great dock lake.  One of the best that I have fished in a long time.