Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

One of those days

Started by rudycard72, May 03, 2006, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudycard72

Last year I decided to give the BFL's a try in 06, so i went up north in october to get a feel of Burt and Mullet lakes.After about an hour on Burt my starter went out and I never got a chance to fish. This morning I got up very early and made the drive from Kalamazoo to Lake St. Claire. When i got to the launch ramp at Metro beach my trim wouldn't work at all, just a faint hum. After fooling with it for awhile i got my trim to go down but then it would not shut off, it is stuck going down, I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop and then manually trim motor up just so i could drive home. As i was sitting in gridlock Detroit traffic I had some time to think and i realized that the only thing that matters is how you handle the situation.

djkimmel

Having also had some experience sitting in discomfort with time to comtemplate, I agree with you completely.

The uncomfortable times make the good times that much better.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

Something to think about the next time your trim is acting up, check all of the switches.  My boat has three trim switches, I had problems in the past where it was just a jammed or broken swith.
-Matt

joshimoto son

Almost the same thing happened to a buddy of mine.
His trim would go up, but not down.

Ultimaletly... it ended his fishing trip early.

After buying a new switch and trim motor, he found out that one of the electrical
connectors fell off the switch.

Fortunately, he was able to return the other equipment.

joshimoto son ;D

canvsbk

About the worst thing is being on a freeway in gridlock - pulling your boat. Hopefully things will get better....
Look past what they want you to see.