Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone been out Of Bolles Harbor past few days?

Started by Duke Fishing, May 21, 2010, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Fishing

Planning on heading out of Bolles Harbor this Sunday.  Has anybody been out on Erie from there as of late?  If so, do any good?  Any suggestions on where to fish?  Any help would be great, pretty clueless on Erie.  Thanks in advance.

Got Fish??

Few guys from work went on Thursday. 5-20-10. They said the further they went south the muddyer the water got . Vary few fish caught south of banana dike. The water out in front of Erie Metro was cloudy, but more fish caught. Water may clear up by Saturday or sunday. I would go out of Erie or Elizabeth park, fish the river mouth south to banana dike.

Duke Fishing

Thanks for the advice, sorry it took so long to get back I had some computer issues.  Went out on this past Sunday, tried breast bay but the water was a mess (looked like my coffee) and only got two.  Skipped down to Toledo Beach area and killed them there (water was much clearer).  As the day went on the water really mucked up.  Will be out there again this upcoming Sunday.  Hopefullu the lack of rain and nice weather will clear up the water.  Lookin forward to drillin some smallies.

Skulley

According to the satellite picture from Great Lakes Coast Watch, the lake seems to have cleared up.  The water probably still has a slight stain to it, but you won't know till you get there.  I wouldn't listen to a lot of "dock talk" about conditions if I were you.  Tournament season is upon us and no one is going to tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Good Luck out there.

BD                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Yes I do. I have looked at it and then gone out there and experienced where I saw clear in the picture and then mud when I actually got there and vice versa. Most of the time it is pretty accurate. A picture is worth a thousand words.     :D

BD.                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Duke Fishing

I look at it to....but usually the sat. pics are cloud covered or a day behind. 

DUKE

Skulley

Cloud cover can not be helped however I have found the pictures to be a day behind as well. Sometimes it's a crap shoot.

BD                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com