email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bobbers 6-4 big bass of the tournament  (Read 9804 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Bobbers 6-4 big bass of the tournament
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »

I heard skip has a big bungee cord back there strung between two trees and he snaps himself out like a giant sling shot!?!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »

Every fish I weighed on my scale were about a half pound more than the board estimated. So if the 6.4 was from the board - it was probably  7lb on a digital scale.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

1javelin

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

Every fish I weighed on my scale were about a half pound more than the board estimated. So if the 6.4 was from the board - it was probably  7lb on a digital scale.
Once they get that big the scale on the board is pretty close.  Give or take a few ounces depending on girth and spawn, but still relatively close.  Seems like when I asked Bobber he said it went 6, don't know if that was scaled or not.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »

Lets get those waypoints!

200 yards out from blue sea wall. Mepps spinners were the key.

TCook

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 07:51:45 PM »

Sure and the background in the photo would back that up LOL. Looks like Skip made that run after all...
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 09:54:51 PM »

Looks more like 400 yards...??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

Unless you got a flatbottom jetboat or are plum crazy you don't want those waypoints.  From what I hear you have to get your boat up to 100 mph and then launch off a ramp built out of old VW's while trimming the motor up, then barrel roll the boat through a ring of fire and torpedo under the water when you land to clear the razor wire running over the water. :o :o :o  And that's just to get back there  :o :o :o  Coming out is a whole other challenge with the fire breathing dragon that's mad at you for catching his supper and all!!!!

1jav

LMAO Herman  That's why I'd never fish those areas !!!

Firefighter Jeff

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »

200 yards out from blue sea wall. Mepps spinners were the key.

LMAOOOOOOOOO  Skip has him trained well  !!!!!!!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

He may have even used brainwashing!!! Bobber might truly believe that's where they were...

Skip Johnson

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »

looks like I need to go install a blue seawall...and buy a REALY big bungee, you all know I like to tell it how it is...IF I tell.
Bobbers a young Jedi in training...you cant break him   ;D
Go Big or Go Home!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge