Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Liquid Electrical Tape

Started by Skulley, May 05, 2010, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

On Sunday when I was out fishing LSC, my bilge pump failed. When I got home I spent two hours getting the old one out. During this time I was wondering to myself how I was going to keep the connections waterproofed as to not short out the new pump. So I went to work the next day and asked a fellow boater what to use for this situation when I install the new pump. He said liquid electrical tape. Liquid electrical tape???? What the heck is that???? I have been on the electronics field for over 25 years and I didn't even know this stuff existed. It is a silicon based goop that brushes on electrical connections and insulates them against water and other stuff just like regular electrical tape. Except it is for marine applications. So this weekend when I install the new pump I am going to try it out. I will let you know how it works.

BD.                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

stackenem

Been using this stuff for years and it is great. Most auto parts stores carry it.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fowlmouth

takes along time to dry, I usually do it in several coats and use the wife's hair dryer.

LennyB

I use it to keep battery terminals from corroding. Just paint it on and let it dry. When you want to remove it, just peel it off.

SethV

Its good stuff!  I use 2 or 3 coats and have never had a problem!

Skulley

I installed my new bilge pump last night after I got off work. I followed the directions on the can and everything went smooth. The pump works fine. So tonight when I get home, I will be testing the connections with water and making sure the auto level switch kicks the pump on when needed and that the connections are sound when submerged. If everything goes as planned then I will reinstall the gas tank and I will be ready to fish on Saturday morning. I will let you all know how it all works out.

BD.                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

BD,
I'm glad you started this thread. Great way to waterproof all that wiring. Bilge pump, recirc pump etc.