Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:29:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I NEED A JOB!!! can anyone help???

Started by sinkersanddinkers, February 07, 2010, 09:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinkersanddinkers

Unfortunately, I have ended up on the un-employment line like many others have. Was just curious to know if anyone on here knows of places that are hiring??????

Cheetam

Jeff

sinkersanddinkers

Any line of work will do jcheetam, the last 11 years I have delt with a lot of different plastics as I used to remanufacture plastic bumpers, but I am familiar with many others besides those. I can do landscaping; carpentry; electrical; meat cutting; pretty much anything else that is considered a genral laborer. However, I am currently attending online classes in the IT field, so anything that may be available for that could be a potential as well. If you happen to know of anything at all, hit me back!!!!

Durand Dan

Maybe GLB should have a jobs section. One year and counting for me.

mikesmiph

The numerous Home Depot stores will be doing limited seasonal hireing in the next couple months. I know people at most of them. If you put in an app, let me know what stores, and I'll do what I can.

motocross269

This continued outsourcing of American livelihoods is killing us....My wife graduates from RN school soon and she is even struggling finding anything in this state...

I will keep my ears open and post anything that I run across...

Make sure you are Checking some of the government contractor sites...KBR, General Dynamics, and a few others have job postings that may suit you....I have seen adds for everything from NASA, CIA, FBI, to homeland security organizations..Not all positions at those agencies are Rocket scientists or federal agents...They also have jobs for Site maintenance, IT, etc....

Good luck,
Brian

djkimmel

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 08, 2010, 03:00:20 AM

That is a tempting idea... but to do it right and really help... I'm not sure I can attract serious resources. Plus it is such an important area, it might need a lot more time that I would have to give to it??

I guess if people didn't get mad at me if it didn't work fantastically, I would have not problems at least giving it a try?? What do you guys think?

Might occasionally hook someone up together with enough people coming here through the information highway...? The number of members and visitors is steadily growing...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

sinkersanddinkers

Quote from: djkimmel on February 08, 2010, 01:56:09 PM
Quote from: Durand Dan on February 08, 2010, 03:00:20 AM

That is a tempting idea... but to do it right and really help... I'm not sure I can attract serious resources. Plus it is such an important area, it might need a lot more time that I would have to give to it??

I guess if people didn't get mad at me if it didn't work fantastically, I would have not problems at least giving it a try?? What do you guys think?

Might occasionally hook someone up together with enough people coming here through the information highway...? The number of members and visitors is steadily growing...?

I wouldnt have any hard feelings one way or the other if it didn't work. I would be very glad to see something on a forum like this. But giving me, and  a lot of other guys that are in the same situation as me that one more possibility of finding work, really says something about the anglers that are on here. It goes to show how we as fishermen are willing to help one another, regardless of whether we know each other or not. And like I said, that says a lot.

Durand Dan

Well I'll start by adding a resource. This is a link to a jobs site that appears to grab employment posting from a large number of sources. Just in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.employmentspot.com/local-employment-job-search/

And sinkersanddinkers, I feel your pain. I spoke with the unemployment office today and they are telling people that the EB or Extended Benefits program will cease on Feb. 27th. So whatever Tier your in on that date (tier 1, Tier II, Tier III) that will be your last. Hopefully something will change before then.

Mike S.

Where do you live?  If you are near the Muskegon area, my shop is hiring.  We are working 7 days a week right now, and they are saying that it's not going to change until next year, if at all.  They shut down 3 of our 6 plants, and the work load is so great that we are hammered.

TCook

What kind of shop do you work for Mike and what positions are they hiring?
FISH HARD!!!

sinkersanddinkers

Quote from: mikeszr800 on February 08, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
Where do you live?  If you are near the Muskegon area, my shop is hiring.  We are working 7 days a week right now, and they are saying that it's not going to change until next year, if at all.  They shut down 3 of our 6 plants, and the work load is so great that we are hammered.

I live in Ionia County, about 70 miles or so from Muskegon

Mike S.

Quote from: TCook on February 08, 2010, 05:13:35 PM
I work in a foundry.  Before you cringe, it's nothing like you would think a foundry would be.  We pour ductile iron, and the place is surprisingly clean.  It is only hot on the melt side of the plant.  they are always hiring in the finishing department, which is gravy work.  they are only taking people through Manpower in Grand Haven right now.  I believe they are paying $11.50 to start as a temp.  I think it goes up to $13 or so an hour when you get hired in.  Then you get a set raise every 6 months, and finishing tops out at $15+ per hour, I think.  Melt and mold departments make more.  If interested, PM me, and I will get you in touch with the right people.

Durand Dan

Article from the Detroit News this morning. Finally someone is realizing what is about to happen. You think there are a lot of empty houses in your neigborhood today, just wait a month!

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100218/BIZ/2180356/Michigan-warns-jobless-about-end-of-federal-unemployment-extension

Durand Dan

Quote from: mikeszr800 on February 16, 2010, 09:13:42 PM
I work in a foundry.  Before you cringe, it's nothing like you would think a foundry would be.  We pour ductile iron, and the place is surprisingly clean.  It is only hot on the melt side of the plant.  they are always hiring in the finishing department, which is gravy work.  they are only taking people through Manpower in Grand Haven right now.  I believe they are paying $11.50 to start as a temp.  I think it goes up to $13 or so an hour when you get hired in.  Then you get a set raise every 6 months, and finishing tops out at $15+ per hour, I think.  Melt and mold departments make more.  If interested, PM me, and I will get you in touch with the right people.
Mike,
I would jump all over that, but the commute (138 miles, over 2 hours) might be an issue.

djkimmel

Hang in there friends. I would add more if I could.

I think I will start up that other board idea. If it does anything at all, it's better than nothing. Try to set it up this weekend.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 18, 2010, 09:56:24 AM
Quote from: mikeszr800 on February 16, 2010, 09:13:42 PM
Mike,
I would jump all over that, but the commute (138 miles, over 2 hours) might be an issue.
Relocate.  There's LOTS of water here in Muskegon, and a job.