Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 Michigan Youth State Championship, June 12th

Started by BrianB, November 04, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

BrianB

Anglers
     Just wanted to let you know that the TBF Junior State Championship will be on June 12 2010. The place has not been determined yet. This event is where we will be putting 2 kids on a boat and they will fish for 6-7 hours. There is 2 age groups 11-14 and 15-18. One winner from each age group will advance to the National Guard Junior Championship in Atlanta Georgia. At the National Guard Tournament they will be fish for scholarships money. This is a great event I got a chance to go to Pittsburg last year and what an event for the kids. Before we can get the two to that event we first must have out State Championship. Last year we had 40 kids and every year we are growing. What I am looking for is   boat for the kids. So if you have the time please put this date on your calender. Without your guys this event does not happen. Last year we had extra boat but we still put them to work running around the lake taking pictures. If you do not have a boat and still want to help there is alot to do before during and after the tournament . Any Questions you can contact me by cell 248-804-9738

If you have a kid in that age groups we are also looking for more Junior anglers. Get a hold of me and we will get them on a roster and start getting them involved into our sport.
Thanks

Brian Belevender
TBF of Michigan
Youth Director
" Its All About the Kids"

djkimmel

Thanks Brian. Please let me know when the lake decision is made. And if hear anything back from the MDNR.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BrianB

The lake for our fouth annual TBF Junior State Championship will be on Pontiac Lake on June 12 2010. More details to come. We are always looking for more Junior members. These kids are the future of our sport

Brian Belevender
TBF of Michigan
Youth Director
" Its All About the Kids"

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

motocross269

I have it marked on my calendar...I have never been to Pontiac Lake....

dartag

I will be there with my boat.

does it matter if I am not a TBF member?   

If you get to many boats i can bring mine a and shoot photos. 

steve smith
commerce, mi

djkimmel

I don't think I've been on Pontiac Lake before either.

And no, you do not have to be a TBF member to help out. Thanks guys and 'other' Steve.

dartag

bring your best pike lures.  the lake is full or 20 inchers.   got some nice bass also.   

djkimmel

ALL my lures seem to be pike lures!!! That should be good to keep the kids happy too though as long as we don't run out of lures ;D

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on November 25, 2009, 10:17:26 PM
ALL my lures seem to be pike lures!!! That should be good to keep the kids happy too though as long as we don't run out of lures ;D

I better leave my Lucky Craft stuff at home....I can see it now...

kid.."hey mister that crankbait looks awesome can i try it"
me..."Sure here you go"
kid.."I got one...Crap it broke off..Hey mister got another one"
;D ;D ;D

djkimmel

Wouldn't it be more like, "DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT PIKE MISTER!!!??!!"

McCarter

The kids will all be outfitted with various Nemesis Baits again this year, so no need for Lucky Craft ;)

I was hoping to help out this year but unfortunatly, it falls on a conflicting date with a tournament i am running.

Here is a hint for catching numbers on that lake.  Its something that always worked well for me out there and i doubt many people are doing it.

Mojo rig a 4" Sicko ( of course back then it was a Yamamoto Senko ) on a 1/4 oz mojo weight with a 2-3 ft leader.  Impossible to not catch fish this way.  Watermelon always worked best for me.  Look for outside weeds lines on the main lake. 

McCarter himself :-\'

motocross269

This event is a blast...
The older kid that I drew a couple of years ago on Neppesing ran the TM like a pro and casted as well as any that I have seen...I literally sat back and ate sandwiches all day and caught some rays....Both kids were very respectful of my Equipment....I felt very at ease having them run the show...They would tell me when they wanted me to fire up the big motor and move but other than they could have cared less if I was there or not...

The other Brian B...LOL..

jcox7

I know brian will need more boats so if you can help please let him know before he starts pulling his hair out LOL or wait until just after because that might be funny JK

Sounds like we will need about 25 or more boats

MadWags

Brian,

I am planning on helping.

Hey mister! How do you make those baits?
Son! You don't make these baits, McCarter makes them for you.

Then he drinks alot of beer to clear his head from snorting all the plastic fumes. :D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Should be a big event. I will be there with my trusty old Ranger 492VS!

mchesney

My 15 year old is gonna fish it. I'll be there with my boat to help out.

djkimmel

Great! We still need a few boats for the event.

McCarter

i just checked my schedule and i dont think i have anything on the 12th.  looks like i can finally make this one.  i am stoked!

McCarter himself :-\'