Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 Schedule???

Started by skeeterman190, October 12, 2009, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus

Phil,
I sent you a PM
Heath

Team houston

Thanks Heath, I will check it when I get home from work

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Mark117 on November 12, 2009, 09:06:58 PM
Didn't we have this same talk last summer? I was talking about a regional at Detroit river and sending 12 anglers to the ALL-AMERICAN from the MI division? Whatever?
eastside/westside FLW does not care? I said if the BFL had a REGIONAL EVENT AT THE DETROIT RIVER in Oct. fishing for a NEW truck and boat. They would draw 150+ boats at every tournament. PERIOD!!
Skeeterman and ebond said no problem fishing against locals at Ft. Madison. Now I hear people talking about how 5 locals are going to the ALL-AMERICAN fishing their home water?

FISHING THE DETROIT RIVER 3 or 4x's?
BASS TIP: Put 3 gallons of gas in boat and never leave the Trenton channel? Can you say retreads!

To anyone that cares I have been calling it the "smallmouth division" for the past 3 yrs!

I perdict the Burt/mullet bfl will draw less than 100 boats? sad but true? no state fish off on Sunday, 22 1/2 lbs to cash a check, and Chad pipens going for 3 in a row???  hello MUSKEGON!!

Shouldn't the Michigan BFL represent Michigan?  Right now it only represents one small portion of Michigan and it is very confusing as to why the schedule is the way it is - HELLO MUSKEGON IS DEAD ON!!!!  Look at the data and it is easy to correlate the draw to the schedule, when you only represent a particular demographic you will only get that particular demographic to participate.  Go to the FLW Home Page and it is very clear that when the Michigan BFL represents Michigan numbers are great.

1995 - 3 West/East - almost 200 (190 on the Grand is a pretty good indicator that the West Side will support a true Michigan BFL)
1996 - 2 West/4 East - the West Side Phase out begins and numbers are still decent (195 on the Detroit River where a guy from GRAND HAVEN won with another west side guy in the top 5)
1999 - 1 West/5 East - still a glimmer of hope for the west side with 1 tourney on the Grand and the draw is still pretty good (206 the 1st tourney)
2000 - 0 West/5 East - PHASE OUT IS COMPLETE & NUMBERS ALMOST CUT IN HALF (116 1st event, and a whopping 68 at 2nd tourney) Maybe it's just a coincedence?  Probably not.
2001 - 1 West/4 East - Alienation of 1/2 of the Michigan angler demographic is almost complete (Granted it was the 1st event of 2001 but the GRAND RIVER drew better than St. Clair twice and the Detroit River twice - I'd say the theory of the West Side not supporting the BFL is no longer viable!)

Fast forward to 2009 and the Michigan BFL only hits the 100 mark ONCE and has a tournament in Ohio - which if my geography is right isn't part of Michigan.  2010 schedule is already set but when they do the 2011 schedule hopefully we can have a Michigan BFL that represents Michigan again so we can see 150+ boat draws.  I'm crossing my fingers!!!!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

JohnBoy

Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on December 26, 2009, 08:40:46 PM
Quote from: Mark117 on November 12, 2009, 09:06:58 PM
Didn't we have this same talk last summer? I was talking about a regional at Detroit river and sending 12 anglers to the ALL-AMERICAN from the MI division? Whatever?
eastside/westside FLW does not care? I said if the BFL had a REGIONAL EVENT AT THE DETROIT RIVER in Oct. fishing for a NEW truck and boat. They would draw 150+ boats at every tournament. PERIOD!!
Skeeterman and ebond said no problem fishing against locals at Ft. Madison. Now I hear people talking about how 5 locals are going to the ALL-AMERICAN fishing their home water?

FISHING THE DETROIT RIVER 3 or 4x's?
BASS TIP: Put 3 gallons of gas in boat and never leave the Trenton channel? Can you say retreads!

To anyone that cares I have been calling it the "smallmouth division" for the past 3 yrs!

I perdict the Burt/mullet bfl will draw less than 100 boats? sad but true? no state fish off on Sunday, 22 1/2 lbs to cash a check, and Chad pipens going for 3 in a row???  hello MUSKEGON!!

Shouldn't the Michigan BFL represent Michigan?  Right now it only represents one small portion of Michigan and it is very confusing as to why the schedule is the way it is - hello MUSKEGON IS DEAD ON!!!!  Look at the data and it is easy to correlate the draw to the schedule, when you only represent a particular demographic you will only get that particular demographic to participate.  Go to the FLW Home Page and it is very clear that when the Michigan BFL represents Michigan numbers are great.

1995 - 3 West/East - almost 200 (190 on the Grand is a pretty good indicator that the West Side will support a true Michigan BFL)
1996 - 2 West/4 East - the West Side Phase out begins and numbers are still decent (195 on the Detroit River where a guy from GRAND HAVEN won with another west side guy in the top 5)
1999 - 1 West/5 East - still a glimmer of hope for the west side with 1 tourney on the Grand and the draw is still pretty good (206 the 1st tourney)
2000 - 0 West/5 East - PHASE OUT IS COMPLETE & NUMBERS ALMOST CUT IN HALF (116 1st event, and a whopping 68 at 2nd tourney) Maybe it's just a coincedence?  Probably not.
2001 - 1 West/4 East - Alienation of 1/2 of the Michigan angler demographic is almost complete (Granted it was the 1st event of 2001 but the GRAND RIVER drew better than St. Clair twice and the Detroit River twice - I'd say the theory of the West Side not supporting the BFL is no longer viable!)

Fast forward to 2009 and the Michigan BFL only hits the 100 mark ONCE and has a tournament in Ohio - which if my geography is right isn't part of Michigan.  2010 schedule is already set but when they do the 2011 schedule hopefully we can have a Michigan BFL that represents Michigan again so we can see 150+ boat draws.  I'm crossing my fingers!!!!

Thank you ROI that was very well written. You said everything right. They have phased out the west side and it has hurt them. Ive been thinking of fishing the bfls for quite some time but I will not be fishing with them until they start coming this way a few times.

SethV

Need a co-angler for all 5 events.  PM or email.

Back seat is open for practice as well.

Seth

dashaver63

Does FLW still send out the confirmation letters for the BFL when you get in? Also, who is the new BFL sponser since Wal-Mart is out?

motocross269

I got a confirmation as a boater for LSC....

I think Cabelas is the new key sponsor....I think the National Guard has picked up a bigger chunk of the pie also....

dashaver63

Thanks Brian, I was curious about the letters, I entered the July 17th BFL out of the DR back in January but haven't got my letter yet. Then again it took them 2 months to get me my new card.