Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Monroe Hot Pond...

Started by 225XS4Garza200PXL, March 24, 2006, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

225XS4Garza200PXL

Yeah... I don't know where it is... i've only spent a year on my own on the water and still getting familiar with where things are... but where exactly is it?

Any information would be fantastic...

Thanks... have a good one...
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

raisinrat

Come out of Bollas and turn left. Look for a black pipeline that goes over the water by 2 stakes. That is where you go in. Be careful it is shallow getting in there. Also stay out of the lotus they are a protected plant.
Justin Clark

djkimmel

Is it mud and sand going in, or are there hard things to hit hard? I've never been there, just hear rumors about the shallowness... and maybe getting trapped if you go in on the wrong wind.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

225XS4Garza200PXL

Thanks for the QUICK reply... I appreciate it... I might be heading out there tomarrow...

How far of a run is it from Bolles?

Jose
Jose Garza

www.josegarzafishing.com

www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West

www.providertackle.com

www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

DOWD

I will be out there on Sunday around 11:00 am out of Bolles. You can follow if you would like. There is hard things to hit. I tore a motor up pretty bad going in there back in 2001. You really should follow someone in there for the first time!

225XS4Garza200PXL

I might see you there then...

We'll see... gotta see what things I have lined up for tomarrow...

Jose Garza

www.josegarzafishing.com

www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West

www.providertackle.com

www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

Skulley

I will be heading in there on Sunday at the crack of dawn.  So if you want to meet me at the Bolles Harbor launch at about sunrise, you can follow me in if you want an earlier start.  Depending on the weather it should be an easy run.  I run about a mile out on Erie until I get straight out from the entrance.  I have a marked route on my GPS.  If you get straight out from the entrance you can run in about 4 to 6 feet of water all the way in.  The current from the discharge water of the plant has left a narrow channel and if you know where it is, it can be a pretty easy run.  You want to stay on plane until you are in the pond.  You do not want to go in there from an angle because you will then end up in about 1 to 2 feet of water and that is where you will tear stuff up like props and lower units......... :'(.   Weather forecast for Sunday so far is Partly Cloudy with 9 mph winds out of the north.  That should yield about a 1 foot chop out there.  But don't forget we live in Michigan and that forecast can change a dozen times before Sunday.

BD                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

It can change a dozen times ON Sunday ;D ;D

They were talking about this during my shipwreck show, saying that our Great Lakes influence the weather in one way or another for most of the country because of the sheer volume of freshwater contained in them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.